When you join New York Life, you’re joining a company that values development, career growth, collaboration, innovation, and diversity & inclusion. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. Through various resources and programs, you can grow your career while developing personally and professionally.
The Nurse Case Management Lead Analyst assists the claim manager to assess medical/disability status and reports within quality assurance time frames.
A typical day will include:
- Discussion of disability claims with claim managers; calls to customers and health care practitioners
- Frequent communication telephonically, via email, and instant messaging to internal business partners
- Participating in customer service calls
- Supporting group insurance initiatives for quality improvement, change, growth, and excellence in business practices
- Understanding and articulating customer’s perspective
- Facilitating relations with and between Claim Managers, business partners, and customers to develop claim strategies and facilitate a safe return to work
- Collaborating with health care providers and ill/injured employees to promote accountability for the appropriateness and status of treatment plan and length of disability
- Acting as an advocate for injured/ill individuals educational opportunities for staff through training, inservice, and sharing of resources on one-on-one or group forums, whichever is most efficient and effective
- Licensed Registered Nurse (current and unencumbered) able to execute through the assessment, planning, coordination, collaborating, evaluating, and communication of objective information regarding the medical status and state of well being
- Acts as a medical resource person for staff; provides licensure in state of residency and state of employment
- License must be current and without standing or pending censure by any state.A minimum of 3-5 years clinical experience with strong clinical background in at least one or more of the following:
- Medical/Surgical Nursing Occupational Health Nursing
- Rehabilitation Nursing Psychiatric Nursing
- Critical Care Nursing Public Health Nursing
- Certification(s) in Case Management or Disability Management Specialist
- Ability to function in a team environment
- Strong skills in medical assessment/medical record review
- CCM or Case Management experience preferred
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by our Foundation. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
Job Requisition ID: 83062