Role Value Proposition:
MetLife Investments is one of the largest institutional investors and asset managers in the United States, with nearly half a trillion dollars in general account and third-party portfolio assets invested primarily in investment grade corporate bonds, structured finance securities, commercial and agricultural mortgage loans, U.S. Treasury and agency securities and real estate and corporate equity. A significant contributor to MetLife’s financial performance, Investments maximizes the company’s long-term economic value by investing in assets globally that support the company’s liabilities and produce a consistent stream of operating earnings.
MetLife Investment Management (MIM) is one of the largest institutional investors and asset managers in the world, with over $651 billion in combined managed assets, and has consistently generated superior returns for both policyholders and shareholders. The enterprise has more than 900 dedicated professionals with extensive experience and expertise across public and private fixed income and private assets, including real estate. Visit us at www.metlife.com/investments to learn more.
This position will provide an excellent introduction to the various aspects of an insurance company’s agricultural mortgage platform. The selected candidate will have an opportunity to develop analytical capabilities in the institutional agricultural lending and investment management fields, while significantly enhancing personal credentials and building relationships with borrowers and professionals across Agricultural Finance as well as other business units within MetLife Investments.
- Support mortgage originations, servicing actions and portfolio management in a MetLife Agricultural Finance field territory.
- Travel to borrower locations and/or MetLife Agricultural Finance offices may be required.
- Support the relationship managers in the development of mortgage recommendations including but not limited to: financial analysis; security analysis; borrower/industry analysis; and other mortgage underwriting due diligence.
- Provide periodic monitoring of regional mortgage portfolio exposure tied to risk management objectives and assist in the process of updating internal mortgage portfolio guidelines and measures.
- Support regional professional associates in development of creative and unique regional marketing campaigns.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 3 + years of agricultural finance knowledge and skills.
- Ability to deliver exceptional customer service with the highest of ethical standards to a large client base.
- Ability to earn the trust of internal and external stakeholders, prospective customers and industry leaders.
- Candidate should be an innovative thinker with excellent analytical, project management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing with all levels of management.
- Team player; ability to work well with others and teams within a large, diverse corporation.
- Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Business Administration, Finance, as well as any other related field of expertise.
- Experience in production agriculture.
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $651 billion of total assets under management as of September 30, 2020. We are ranked #48 on the Fortune 500 list for 2020. In 2019, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fourth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies.
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 116434