Location: DFW Headquarters Building 8 (DFW-SV08)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 42131
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
- This position will provide support and expertise within the Absence Management team by leading companywide initiatives and projects related to FMLA, attendance policies, leaves of absence, state/municipal leave policies and lost time practices. This individual will not only support the Absence Management team, but collaborate throughout the organization including with Operations, Finance, People team, IT and Safety.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for implementation and support for our absence management applications AbsenceSoft and APS
- Facilitate scheduled project team meetings
- Communicate project status appropriately to all project stakeholders
- Facilitate and document key project decisions
- Document, track and ensures action items are worked in a timely manner
- Manage project scope
- Manage change requests to scope, schedule and budget
- Design and deliver PowerPoint presentations and Excel business reports
- Facilitate gathering and documenting stakeholder requirements
- Facilitate signoff of project scope and requirements
- Facilitate and creates RFPs as needed
- Facilitate vendor selection and contract negotiation
- Creates and activates risk mitigation plans as needed
- Facilitate testing stakeholder signoff, partners with QA Leads as applicable
- Provide ongoing Quality checks for the system
- Holds vendors accountable to their project plan
- Holds internal and vendor resources accountable to the project’s baseline dates
- Strong understanding of data analysis
- Produces and manages reporting metrics and analytics for all leave cases and lost time for all work groups. Presents reports as requested.
- Be nimble and willing to take on new and additional projects as team dynamics and work load require
- Exercise effective interpersonal skills
- Performs all other duties as assigned or required
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience (or an equivalent combination of work experience and post-secondary education) directly relevant to the job’s duties may be substituted for the degree requirement
- 4 years experience leading and implementing enterprise-wide projects
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- PMP certification or Agile certification
- Experience in using MS Project
- Knowledge and experience with FMLA
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to lead and influence
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to exceed performance expectations
- Leading technical projects for implementing
- Intermediate Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize and manage multiple assignments simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Skilled in the ability to analyze problems objectively
- Ability to exercise strong vendor management skills and work collaboratively to achieve results
- Ability to maintain excellent performance and attendance
What you’ll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 42131