Req Id: 307531
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Mobility team offers the best and latest mobile devices, wireless services and Internet of Things solutions to consumer and business customers, with the top speeds, coverage and reliability on Canada’s Best National Network. We love to innovate, embrace big challenges, and live for the newest technology
Reporting to the Senior Manager, 5G Network Deployment, the candidate will join the 5G mission team that is leading Bell Mobility’s 5G coverage expansion across the country. The 5G RAN Technical Architect will be responsible to lead a cross-functional technical team to successfully introduce new RAN services and features. As the 5G technology is evolving, this role offers new and exciting challenges every single day.
Job Duties and Accountabilities:
- Drive collaboration and synchronization across Wireless Technology Products, Wireless Technology RAN, and Best Network teams as Bell undergoes a complex RAN vendor swap
- Prioritize technical features and issues based on the impact to customer experience
- Breakdown team silos and develop common management systems to bring our technical teams together
- Make problems visible and bring the right stakeholders together to drive the issues to resolution
- Develop clear and concise presentations on complex technical issues in a way that can be easily understood by executives
- Lead E2E new RAN technology introductions all the way from the lab to production!
- Champion Bell’s next generation 5G lab strategy: gather requirements from stakeholders to ensure setup can support all configurations (MIMO, Non-Standalone, and Standalone, MOCN, and several RAN vendors / spectrum combos)
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement by proactively identifying opportunities to improve the 5G Mission
- Support the zone delivery teams by clearing technical roadblocks and ensuring successful knowledge transfer across team members
- Have an intimate knowledge of the in-year 5G roll-out plan (both outdoor, and in-building) and pro-actively identify technical risks and challenges
- Collaborate with the WTTP (Fixed Wireless) program and understand the overlap, synergies, and service integrations with 5G wireless
- University degree or Diploma in Electrical/Telecommunications Engineering or equivalent, continuing education or graduate degree in management is considered an asset
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in wireless telecommunications
- Deep understanding of 5G and LTE technologies, including spectrum, air-interface, hardware/software features and enhancements, coverage and link-budget calculations, capacity limitations, interference mitigation/design, refarming/coexistence with LTE
- E2E knowledge of the 5G RAN and 5G Core architectures, with technical understanding of the evolution path from NSA to SA, the various options, limitations therein, and impact on user experience (speed, latency, capacity)
- Experience and demonstrated proficiency in designing, optimizing, and operating 3G, 4G, or 5G networks for a top-tier best-in-class RAN – both outdoor, indoor, and hot-spot (small cells)
- Familiarity with the 3GPP and Qualcomm (and similar) ecosystem and lifecycle, inter-dependencies between RAN Vendors, OEMs, and international operators
- Outstanding communication skills – oral, written, and presentation
- Strong collaborator, able to partner with key stakeholders to achieve wider business and network objectives.
- Highly autonomous, self-motivated, able to understand what must be done, prioritize, and action
- Strong ability to automate tasks with a high aptitude in Excel, and Python
- Experience working in an Agile work environment
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continuous improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Strong ability to lead a team, delegate, understand dependencies of tasks and ensure project success
- Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
#Indeed #Tech #TechnicalLead #5G
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Dorval || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 08/04/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Mississauga
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.