Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Be empowered to lead and have an impact with clients, our communities and in the office
What will your typical day look like?
As a Senior Actuarial Manager focusing on Insurance practice in our Financial Engineering & Modelling team, you will:
- Lead the model validations of insurance models (pricing, valuation, ALM, IFRS 17 and Segfund) in compliance with the Model Risk Policy, standards and guidelines
- Lead, build and manage a team of analysts and associates
- Develop relationships with the clients’ key decision makers
- Communicate the model validation results to senior leadership and model owners, review a Model Validation plan/report that details the validation scope, testing approach, test results, findings and conclusions
While this role focuses on insurance model validation, it is a very dynamic opportunity to work closely with other areas and broaden your horizon.
About the team
The Financial Engineering & Modelling, Financial Advisory team is composed of a wide range of subject matter experts from Quantitative Finance backgrounds working with all manner of modeling types. We have the leading quantitative practice in the Canadian market and cover models including market risk, credit risk, fraud, AML, insurance, treasury and machine learning. Our team members have advanced degrees in mathematics, financial engineering, statistics, physics and actuarial science.
Working with this team will offer you the opportunity to:
- Work in a fast-paced and thought-provoking environment with like-minded people
- Develop advanced professional and consultative skills needed to advance in your chosen career path
- Exposure to high-profile clients including banks, insurance firms, funds, credit unions through a variety of engagements
- Exposure to the most advance modeling techniques used in the financial services industry
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone who is/has:
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative field such as actuarial science, statistics, and mathematical finance, ideally FSA with 8+ years of experience
- Strong technical skills including Axis, Excel, and VBA. Knowledge of programming is an asset
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities/projects/clients
- Ability to explain complex actuarial and financial modeling techniques in a simple and concise way
- Ability to work independently and in cross-functional team settings
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Takes initiatives and ownership of projects
- Ability to lead a team of analysts, associates and managers
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having a diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.