Qualifications and Experience
• Professional accounting qualification i.e. ACA, ACCA, CIMA or similar
• Relevant accounting experience. Experience in application of IFRS/UK GAAP is required. Experience of BPC, an advantage. Accounting role within a large, listed, multinational company is a plus. Worked within a multicurrency environment.
• Experience working in an accounting team in a Shared Service environment is a plus.
• Excellent technical skills including solid understanding with a background in Fixed asset accounting
• Must be able to fully grasp the broader issues and provide functional guidance to those reporting to them, rather than rely on their own technical skill set.
• Requires proven leadership skills in managing teams. Can provide examples of effective leadership and getting the best out of people, including during demanding or unsettling periods of change.
• Has track record and appetite for delivering continuous improvement. Able to generate commitment to change amongst own team.
• Advanced Excel skills with experience of building and working with complex models and large data sets
• Can provide evidence of working collaboratively with peers.
• Uses a variety of techniques to influence a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders across a range of operational issues. Able to establish personal credibility at all levels.
• Builds effective relationships through interpersonal skill and technical expertise to aid cross-functional working, delivery and a sense of collaboration and teamwork.
• Proactively asks for and acts on personal feedback, developing a high level of self-awareness.
• Can operate both at the tactical and, where required, detailed level. Thinks conceptually and identifies and addresses future challenges and opportunities, often in an ambiguous environment
• Displays an affinity for technology’s ability to drive efficiencies and enhance service delivery