Requisition Number: 46256
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
As a leading developer, manufacturer, and global supplier of scientific laboratory products for 100 years, Corning’s Life Sciences segment collaborates with researchers seeking new approaches to increase efficiencies, reduce costs and compress timelines in the drug discovery process. Using unique expertise in the fields of materials science, surface science, optics, biochemistry and biology, the segment provides innovative solutions that improve productivity and enable breakthrough discoveries.
Scope of the position:
• Selling Corning Life Sciences products portfolio and solutions/applications in the specified territory and segment, through distributors/Customers.
• Execute Sales Strategy in collaboration with Business Segment Manager to achieve revenue targets in defined Segment and territory being accountable for the entire Corning Life Sciences portfolio.
• Develops and executes account plans that provide the customer(s) with a fully integrated set of product, process, service, and technical solutions which draw on Corning’s total value proposition to meet specific business needs
• Maintains frequent contact with the customers (including distributors) to identify, build and strengthen the relationship, continually assess Corning’s effectiveness in meeting the customer’s needs, and ultimately maximize account penetration and customer retention
• Develop and execute sales and marketing plans with distributor(s), manages and enhances relationship and conducts regular reviews to drive sales and become a trusted point of contact for CLS
• Continuously review and develop existing and new business opportunities to ensure total revenue and profitable growth.
• Use appropriate business reports and analyses to effectively develop and manage the business in their specified territory and segment. This includes but not limited to SFDC and Data Analytics and its reporting functionality to help review pipeline and accurately forecast.
• Proactively use and maintain company CRM to communicate with internal stakeholders and other functions for the management and success of the sales territory/segment
• Provide timely business reports and analyses as appropriate
• Persuade and communicate key points and influence customers and distributors as appropriate
• Engage in collaboration and Coordinates cross-functional account services (e.g. Applications Group, Customer Experience, Supply Chain etc.) to lead the account and serve the customer with one, unified voice and to provide seamless support to achieve revenue targets
• Maintain Corning Life Sciences product and solution/applications knowledge and leverage this knowledge to recognize opportunities.
• Collects market, customer, and competitor intelligence and insights and shares this knowledge with others, as appropriate, to inform sales, marketing, and technical strategies as well as the demand forecast and sales planning processes
• Share opportunities for CLS to develop business in other Segments/ Market
• Serves as an advocate for both Corning and the customer by creating value for both parties and balancing the needs and constraints of both parties
• Adapt to changing needs of the segment and customers to maximize outcome for Corning Life Sciences
• Comply with Company procedures, policies and Corporate values
• BSc/BA or equivalent degree or experience
• Knowledge and/or experience in sales, and/or commercial roles
• Proven product and commercial knowledge, sales success and experience preferred
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
• Fluency in English and German is a must
• Strong meeting planning skills
• Negotiation skills and Business acumen
• Ability to target and prioritize key customers
• Understand internal and external customer relationship-building dynamics
• Personal Management: ability to work effectively in a matrixed environment with minimum supervision from a home-based office
• Microsoft Office Suite, advanced Excel, and Salesforce.com
• Geographically flexible with Travel requirements: up to 60% National and International
• Valid driver license and safe driving record
• Ability to teach, train and motivate
• Proven ability to communicate across various levels within an organization
• Excellent organizational skills
• Familiarity with Life sciences, products & applications selling through distribution