Join the diverse and dynamic team that powers Michigan’s largest energy provider and one of the nation’s largest gas and electric combination utilities. Consumers Energy services 6.7 million of Michigan’s 10 million residents – caring for our friends and neighbors in all 68 Lower Peninsula counties. We embrace a cleaner and leaner utility vision focused on eliminating energy waste and adding renewable energy from sources such as wind and solar.
At Consumers Energy, we offer more than just a place to work. We foster a culture that supports career development, growth, and stability, and we take pride in offering our co-workers excellent benefits and compensation packages. We are deliberately creating an inclusive culture that makes our diverse team of co-workers feel valued, supported, and empowered every day. We’re a company made up of thousands of people, all with different stories to share and work to do, but we stand united in our company purpose: world class performance delivering hometown service.
The Security Project Process Team, within the Security department at Consumers Energy, is responsible for managing the Security Project Process to ensure our business partners are following the appropriate requirements and standards to minimize risk to the Organization. The team is dedicated to being – A World Class Security Program at the Best Place to Work in Michigan. We accomplish this by continuous improvement and valuing our people as #1.
The Security Project Process Team Lead will serve as a part of the Security Leadership team to successfully lead their team to accomplish excellence in the following.
- Integrating Security Standards into Projects and Enhancements thru the Security Project Process
- Manage and coordinate Security Exceptions to Security Standards, interfacing with appropriate levels of leadership for risk acceptance, up to Executive Leadership
- Maintain relationship with the Security Risk Team on Policy or Security Standards exceptions
- Inform/Educate business partners on how to utilize the Security Project Process
- Manage staffing demand of Security Project Analyst
- Adapt team roles and responsibilities as needed for process optimization
- Establish and measure metrics for performance of the Process and Security Project Analyst services
- Serve as an escalation point for negotiations between internal and external stakeholders
- Strive to deliver automated or self-service capabilities for business partners
- Manage oversight of internal or external process integration, to streamline non-functional requirements
- Establish strategy and vision of the Security Project Process to meet business needs
- Ability to balance leadership engagement and team empowerment
- Independently resolve issues the team cannot address on their own
- Serve as a mentor for team growth and development
- Maintain team effectiveness to achieve process service levels while providing work/life balance
- Ability to manage conflict resolution, problem solve, and balance business need and risk
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience is necessary for this position
- 9+ years of experience in an Information Technology, or related, field
- Ability to interact with all levels of leadership, tailoring dialog and messaging to the audience
- Experience in problem solving and approaches to successfully resolve complex issues
The following skills and experience will set you apart from others:
- Master’s degree in Information Security or Information Assurance
- Energy industry background that includes a working knowledge of effectively mapping risk to business needs
- CISSP or CISA certification preferred
- Knowledge of Lean approaches to Visual Management, Operating Reviews, Problem Solving, and Standard Work
Position will be filled based upon the skills, knowledge, and experience of the selected candidate
Join a diverse and dynamic team that makes and delivers the most valuable services in the world: electricity and natural gas. At Consumers Energy, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Our employees work around the clock to provide service to our customers in honor of our history and to fulfill our promise to Michigan – Count on Us!
Consumers Energy, the principal subsidiary of CMS Energy and headquartered in Jackson, Michigan, provides natural gas and electricity to nearly 6.8 million of the Michigan’s 10 million residents in all 68 Lower Peninsula counties.
Consumers Energy offers a generous employee benefit package, including vacation time and holiday pay, medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, 401k with employer-matching funds, defined contribution plan for retirement, wellness programs, and much more.