At Popular, we offer a wide variety of services and financial solutions to serve our communities in the Island and abroad. As employees, we are dedicated to making our customers dreams come true by offering financial solutions in each stage of their life. Our extensive trajectory demonstrates the resiliency and determination of our employees to innovate, reach for the right solutions and strongly support the communities we serve; this is why we value their diverse skills, experiences and backgrounds.
Are you ready for a rewarding career?
Over 7,900 men and women in Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands and the United States work at Popular.
Come and join our community!
Designs cloud security architecture for public clouds and define architecture principles and patterns for cloud service models, including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS).
The Sr. Architect Cloud Security Architecture role is responsible for the security architecture and solution designs across multiple cloud service providers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Define and create security architecture standards, design patterns, reference architectures, architecture principles, and conceptual architecture and design-related artifacts.
- Define solutions that create or leverage Enterprise-wide solutions and assets. Define components that leverage existing and new technologies, including instances where you will need to drive proofs-of-concept and pilot implementations to gain experience and derive conclusions best for Popular. Weigh business needs against security concerns and recommends necessary changes to enhance information systems security.
- Develops and recommends security designs and frameworks for technology systems by defining processes and architectures for creating secure customer, merchant, and employee authentication, implementing end-to-end security solutions.
- Develop and manage an information security roadmap that is informed by Business and Technology strategies and industry domains. Support and influence Annual and Quarterly Roadmap planning and delivery following the cross-LOB processes.
- Serves as an internal information security consultant to the organization by participating in Agile/waterfall projects to recommend secure solutions based on policies, standards, and best practices.
- Work closely with the security engineering team and ensure the security solutions are configured in accordance with the Bank’s standards and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Participate during Information Security assessments/audits of the Bank’s external Cloud vendor/service providers as Cloud Security subject matter professional to ensure compliance with the Bank’s standards and requirements.
- Establish and manage reference Architecture, and security blueprint definition.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of ten years of experience with information technology architecture/ engineering/ IT operations.
- Minimum of 8 years of Security engineering and architecture experience in a complex technology environment.
- Multiple past experiences in leading a team to secure architecture solutions in a complex technology environment involving home-grown and third-party technology solutions.
- Fundamental experience in defensive security constructs, including digital signatures, digital certificates, PKI, firewalls.
- Experience in application security, e.g., OAuth, OIDC, FIDO, multi-factor authentication, TLS, securing hybrid native and web apps in mobile platforms.
- Three plus years of experience leading a team to build and overseeing security aspects of complex public cloud infrastructure, platform and software services (AWS, GCP, Azure, Salesforce etc.).
- Multiple past experiences in leading a team to secure IT solutions in a complex Cloud environment involving home-grown, CSP-native and third-party technology solutions such as AWS Security Hub, Azure Sentinel, Azure AD, HashiCorp Vault, etc.
- Experience in risk-based authentication and step-up protective measures such as Azure AD MFA.
Preferred Certifications and Licenses
To qualify for the role, candidates shall have a Specialization Certification (preferred) and a minimum one (1) Base Certification:
- Certifications such as CISA, CISSP, CISM, GSEC, CCSP and Cloud Security..
- Certifications such as SABSA, TOGAF, DODAF, Cloud security certifications such AWS Solutions Architect – Professional.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of cloud security architecture patterns, cloud security blueprints, and cloud security components/services comprised of third-party and native services.
- Strong knowledge of security architecture governance.
- Strong knowledge of cryptography controls: Data at rest, in motion and in-use.
- Strong knowledge of IT Governance, data governance, architecture and security frameworks such as COBIT, SABSA, TOGAF, MITRE, NIST SP 800-53, and OWASP Top 10.
Collaboration & Teamwork
Important: The candidate must provide evidence of academic preparation or courses related to the published job.
If you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org,. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations, Any other correspondece will not receive a response.
As Puerto Rico’s leading financial institution, we reaffirm our commitment to offer essential financial services and solutions for our customers at all times, including during emergency situations and/or natural disasters. Popular’s employees are considered essential workers, whose role is critical in the continuity of these important services even under such circumstances. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that Popular may require your services during and immediately after any such events.
Popular Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Learn more about us at www.popular.com and keep updated with our latest job postings at www.jobs.popular.com.
Connect with us!
LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram