Requisition Number: 47584
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Scope of Position:
The Security Analyst is responsible for providing analysis, research, and operational support to the Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) and Corning Global Security (CGS) staff and operations. The Analyst will gather information, identify intelligence gaps, interpret and evaluate information from multiple and sometimes contradictory sources, and make recommendations. The Analyst will prepare assessments on current events and international security issues as required by GSOC and CGS leadership. They will also provide end-to-end support for Corning’s Travel Security Program, including conducting pre-departure risk assessments, high-risk travel case management, and developing and sharing wide-audience travel security guidance. Finally, the Analyst will assist with GSOC strategy, programs, and their implementation in partnership with other CGS groups and stakeholders across the corporation. They will act as a security analysis and travel security subject matter expert for Corning and will represent CGS in a variety of internal and external contexts.
- Informs the Corning GSOC’s tactical threat assessment and response using in-house analysis tools and methodologies
- Supports the GSOC’s intelligence gathering and risk analysis functions through bespoke assessments and rigorous process development
- Conducts in-depth research drawing from qualitative and quantitative sources; communicates findings to GSOC, CGS, and Corning leadership
- Day-to-day management of Corning’s Travel Security Program
- Compiles and visualizes historical travel data for GSOC, CGS, and Corning leadership
- Contributes to the GSOC Staff’s management of the GSOC program model; sponsors risk analysis-related programs
- Acts as a point of contact for GSOC escalations, global travel security support, and corporate incident response as necessary, including outside of business hours
- Further supports GSOC operations, the GSOC Staff group, Global Security, and Corning leadership as required
Required Education and Professional Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in International Affairs, International Security, Political Science, Area Studies, Business, or related specialization. 3-7 years of full-time work experience. Prior experience with corporate security, intelligence analysis, crisis management, or 24/7 corporate operations strongly preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent judgment and decision-making aligned with Corning’s Values
- Must be customer focused and detail oriented
- Broad and deep working knowledge of current events, geopolitics, and international security issues
- Comfort working in fluid and ambiguous environments
- Demonstrated experience researching and writing to a high standard under pressure
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate in a variety of forms: briefs and situation reports, SOPs, real-time advice, executive summaries, longer-form assessments
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to engage in productive disagreement with the customer in mind
- Comfort balancing competing priorities under pressure
- Capable of rapidly assimilating information and making recommendations at short notice
- Ability to work in both a close team environment and with minimal supervision as required
- Amenable to matrixed management structure
- Flexibility, adaptability, cultural sensitivity
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Performance Excellence (Six Sigma) fluency is a strong plus – change management, voice of customer, measuring performance
• International travel experience
• Foreign language capabilities
• Technological proficiency (SQL, Python, Power BI, Tableau)
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.