Requisition ID: 236434
Requisition Posting End Date: 08/04/2021
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Today, our Infrastructure colleagues’ team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries to power and connect communities.
Work Location will be Reston, VA, USA or London, UK
This is a global sector role within the Digital and Future Cities as well as the Transportation sector for the Infrastructure Global Business Unit, working across all global regions. The Digital and Future Cities sector includes telecommunications and connected infrastructure ecosystems often associated with Smart City business cases; more specifically, the sector focuses on wireless, wireline and satellite telecommunications, Datacenters, massive machine to machine interconnected smart infrastructure and mission-critical systems. The Transportation sector focuses on the building of rail and aviation infrastructure assets both new as well as upgrading existing components. This position can be located in one of Bechtel Infrastructure’s offices.
Requires a dynamic and innovative professional with a knowledge and interest in the telecommunications and connected infrastructure ecosystems as well as the rail and aviation businesses. . Responsible within the sectors to participate in sector strategy development, market evaluation and execution planning activities including market and customer evaluation, competitor assessments, strategic win plan development, industry trends, drivers and critical needs, and for recommending teaming arrangements, strategic relationships, alternative bidding strategies and execution lessons learned implementation techniques. Reports to and receives operational and functional supervision from the Global Sector Lead for Digital and Future Cities, as well as the Transport Sector Lead. Provides support to the regional General Managers and Regional Marketing & Business Development Managers as required. The role provides a unique opportunity to shape and implement Bechtel’s approach to connected infrastructure strategies that will change the way we live and work.
- Undertakes extensive research, monitoring and evaluation of market trends, understands customer challenges and target market needs. Recommends strategic new services, technical capabilities and sector needs that the company should pursue.
- Keep informed of customers’ present and future plans for growth, projects, and programmatic and technical requirements.
- Performs necessary research on customer and competition, developing alternate strategies related to the value proposition and service offerings.
- Maintains strategic initiative database and progress for the sector.
- Identify and develop sector opportunities globally.
- Participate in planning the business development strategy for sector opportunities.
- Performs various calculations to help analyze the financial background of targeted prospects.
- Willing to support and/or lead other aspects of sector strategy implementation including the identification and development of opportunities in other industry verticals.
- Participate in the formalization of the sector strategy, including vendor/product evaluations.
- Supports the preparation and coordination of marketing and communications content.
- Supports the preparation of corporate approval documents related to prospective work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field and a minimum of 3 years of work experience. In lieu of a degree, 9 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Must have 3 years of experience in various roles for either the Digital and Future Cities or Transport Sector.
- Ability to learn new technologies and assess the value of business goals and strategy.
- Knowledge of company capabilities and services available to customers.
- Willingness to gain experience so as to understand competitive products and consumer trends and experience in developing qualification documents, proposals, and customer presentations.
- Skill in oral and written communications with ability/wiliness in making presentations to customers and management
- Self-starter, requiring limited daily supervision or guidance.
- Ability to work effectively in fluid environments.
- Ability to influence internally without direct authority with strong covenant-based behavior.
- Works well with teams and other departments.
- Responsive to internal and external customers with consistent follow-up and follow-through.
- Good proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.