With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Under general supervision is responsible for the accurate weighing of truckloads of grapes, raisins, and various inbound materials used in the winemaking process, and the associated record keeping.
- Completes all paperwork in a clear, legible manner.
- Performs accurate and timely weighing in and out of trucks.
- Prepares the Grape Tank Report, Grape Weigh Tag Display Report, Wine Program Report, and Grape Varietal Report.
- Opens scales and signs on to the computer terminal in preparation for the morning grape crush.
- Processes weigh tags.
- Calculates net weight by subtracting the tare weight from the gross weight.
- Enters weigh tags into the computer terminal including correction of discrepancies.
- Participates in the filing of all Scale paperwork.
- Closes out the Scales and the computer terminal for the evening.
- Maintains adequate housekeeping in work areas and cleans up after completion of the job and at the end of the shift.
- Reports any unsanitary conditions that are observed to Supervisor.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory consideration.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
- High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
- Required to be at least 18 years of age.
- Skilled in basic math, 10 key, data entry, and auditing skills.
- Required to lift and move standard office equipment and supplies that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Skilled in using a copy machine, telephone, and ten-key adding machine.
- Required to work a seven (7) day workweek, eight to twelve (8-12) hours per day when necessary.
- Skilled in reading, comprehending, interpreting and executing simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Skilled in writing simple correspondence.
- Skilled in adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing using whole numbers.
- Prior office experience preferred but not required.
- Fluent reader and speaker of both English and Spanish languages.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, feel, talk and hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be exposed to wet or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Requisition ID: 78927
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.