With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Under general supervision, performs material handling, inventory stocking and receiving functions. Responsible for serving as a resource for leaders and bargaining unit personnel for materials, materials acquisition and transportation needs.
- Maintains accurate and up to date ingredient inventories.
- Conducts weekly cycle and monthly inventories of storeroom products.
- Participates in the offloading and loading of trucks using a forklift.
- Ensure proper storage conditions for all winemaking ingredients.
- Pulls, issues, and stages winemaking ingredients per work orders using a forklift.
- Bags and re-bags oak used in winemaking.
- Followings proper ingredient labeling and storage protocols.
- Checks Certificates of Analysis against the RIM specification to ensure that received goods are within the specific tolerances.
- Initiates Discrepant Material Communications as necessary.
- Enters necessary ingredient usage and issuance information into ingredient tracking systems.
- Maintains proper cleanliness and housekeeping of all ingredient warehouses and storage locations.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory consideration.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
- High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 3 years of material handling and storeroom experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Forklift certification required or required to obtain certification provided by Gallo within the first 14 days of hire.
- Required to be 18 years of age or older.
- Navigate ladders up to 20 feet high.
- Lift 50 pounds and relocate product in a twisting motion.
- Work weekends, rotating shift and overtime.
- Candidates for this position must have a valid driver’s license and safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver’s license or appropriate state driver’s license within 30 days of hire.
- Experienced in reading and comprehending simple instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Experienced in writing simple correspondence and procedures.
- Skilled in adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 5 years material handling and storeroom experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Skilled in the use of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint MS Outlook and JDE.
- Experience with multi-tasking and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with effectively communicating with managers, peers and customers.
- Skilled in the use of a calculator and a RF Inventory Scanner.
- Experience working in a team environment where high quality standards are expected to be met.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, climb stairs, handle or feel and talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Requisition ID: 78821
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.