With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Under general supervision, receives, stores and issues spare parts required by Winery Maintenance. Learns processes involved with Food Ingredient and Label inventories, as well as processing repairs.
You must be available to work the full Harvest which runs from June – November.
- Provides timely and efficient counter service, issues and receives parts, equipment and supplies as requested.
- Prepares necessary paperwork to process a “rush” request or “special order” for customers.
- Completes physical counts and enters into computer. Researches inventory discrepancies.
- Processes “transfer” orders to/from various Storerooms.
- Participates in putting inventory in designated location.
- Identifies back-stock locations and maintains cleanliness and orderliness.
- Participates in maintaining inventory accuracy by reviewing/researching/processing items listed on the stock-out log.
- When assigned to Admin Support desk or providing backup: reviews and approves PSS sheets for inventory re-order. Prepares payroll/attendance records twice monthly.
- When assigned to Food Ingredient Warehouse: pulls issues and returns chemicals for production/Cellar. Enter issues, returns and receipts into computer. Conducts physical inventories and puts away new chemicals upon receipt.
- Performs special projects and assignments as required by Supervisor and/or Manager.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations.
- This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
- High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
- Required to be at least 18 years of age.
- Experience with office equipment such as a PC and calculators.
- Required to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Required to comply with company PPE requirements.
- Required to work weekends, rotating shifts and overtime when necessary.
- Skilled in reading, comprehending, interpreting and executing simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Skilled in writing simple correspondence.
- Skilled in adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing using whole numbers.
- 1 year of storeroom, inventory control or warehouse experience.
- Experience operating hand trucks, carts, ladders, forklift and pallet jacks.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Experience using an inventory scanner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Requisition ID: 78802
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.