With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Under minimal supervision oversees a team of production operators and seasonal winery workers with varying levels of skills who are responsible for executing various tasks during the grape harvest season.
- Ensures standard work is being followed. Develops and updates standard work as assigned.
- Supervises the day-to–day operations of a team of employees ensuring smooth work flow; solves day-to–day operational issues that arise.
- Organizes and leads team meetings.
- Ensures a safe working environment; conducts safety conversions with team.
- Ensures Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Assigns monitors and reviews the progress and accuracy of assigned work.
- Ensures the consistent application of company policies.
- Monitors the effectiveness of systems, policies and procedures and makes appropriate recommendations to ensure daily operations are efficient; implements approved changes.
- Supports and promotes all site safety programs.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Responsible for leading, training and development of associates.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years of production-operations, accounting/finance, customer service, agricultural management, or production maintenance experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- High School Diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
- Required to be 21 years of age or older.
- Experience leading or directing the work of team members.
- Candidates for this position must have a valid driver’s license and safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver’s license or appropriate state driver’s license within 30 days of hire.
- Skilled in the use of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point at a basic level.
- Required to work day, swing or graveyard shifts.
- Required to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Experienced in reading and comprehending simple instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Experienced in writing simple correspondence and procedures.
- Skilled in adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years of production/operations experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; or 6 years of production/operations experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Supervisory experience.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Experience working in a winery with harvest/crush operation.
- Experience leading high performance work teams and providing motivation to achieve plan goals.
- Demonstrates team building, leadership and mentoring skills.
- Experience writing reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Skilled in the use of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point at an intermediate level.
- Skilled applying concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Experience defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
- Skilled at handling unusual or difficult inquiries/situations through direct personal action or refer to the appropriate individual.
- Experience working with all levels and functions within the company.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The employee may also occasionally be exposed to extreme cold and high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
For the Cellar, the following will apply:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee may also occasionally be exposed to extreme cold and high precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Requisition ID: 78923
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.