With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Under general supervision performs a variety of general laboring activities, the majority of which involves sanitation, juice and wine processing. Also responsible for processing order instructions for juice and wine as well as engaging in clean-up and executing tasks on to-do lists (communicated in either writing or verbally). The position is required to work a seven day work week (8 – 12 hours per day) when necessary and work any shift. The work is performed outdoors, in ambient weather conditions, which fluctuates in temperature extremes from + 32oF to + 105oF.
- Cleans and sanitizes areas of the Winery using caustic, liquid chlorine dioxide, water hoses, brooms, and shovels.
- Cleans and sanitizes interior of tanks and hoses using caustic or liquid chlorine dioxide.
- Cleans and sanitizes exterior of equipment using liquid chlorine dioxide and brushes.
- Operates forklift to transport trash wine bins, pallets of treatment chemicals or wine tanks.
- Moves portable pumps that are attached to 4-wheel carts.
- Mixes chemical treatments or fining agents.
- Sluices tanks using 1" or 2" sluice hoses.
- Takes gauges on tank levels by bottom or top gauging methods.
- Builds hose line ups utilizing pumps for product transfer, tank cleaning, or treatments.
- Removes and installs tank top manhole covers made of solid or expanded metal.
- Washes the exterior of tanks using water, A, B, and C cleaner and chlorine dioxide.
- Uses steam cleaner or high pressure cleaner to clean filter, filter leafs, and other equipment.
- Empties trash cans.
- Sets up cooling fans for employees.
- Samples juice, fermenting, and wine tanks.
- Adds sulfur dioxide or other additives to the product as needed. All additions will need to be recorded in English.
- Supports routine logging into LIMS and labeling routine fermentation samples.
- Hooks up truck gondolas to be dumped in a safe and timely manner.
- Washes out gondolas with a water hose.
- Picks up grape varietal tickets from truck drivers and give to the Crusher Operator for logging and tank designation.
- Returns the completed tags to the driver after unhooking the last gondola being dumped.
- Inspects for broken hinges on the gondolas.
- Makes periodic safety checks of the hoist cable and hook. Hooks and unhooks cable hook to grape gondola by use of the push button pendulum at the end of the electrical cable.
- Participates in making and conducting fast and efficient pit and crusher changes for different varieties as necessary.
- Supports “Must Line Person” in changing must line valves.
- Removes stemmer covers.
- Sweeps and shovels grapes; washes floors and associated crush equipment.
- Holds transfer lines to fill must bins.
- Moves must bins to aid in receiving.
- Builds lines using 2”, 3" or 6" hoses and pumps.
- Installs or remove circulators on top of tanks.
- Takes gauges on top of tanks.
- Runs and monitors pump-over.
- Drives Pilot Winery Truck.
- Accepts and maintains safety procedures as outlined in the Plant Safety Procedures.
- Engages in proper usage of personal safety equipment provided by the Company such as hard hats, safety glasses, respirators, safety harnesses, shields, goggles, etc.
- Reports all safety hazards immediately to the Pilot Winery Management.
- Maintains adequate housekeeping in work area and clean up after completion of the job and at the end of the shift.
- Reports any unsanitary conditions that are observed to the Pilot Winery Management.
- Maintains personal hygiene and appearance according to Plant Rules at all times.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
- High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
- Required to be 21 years of age or older.
- Required to work overtime if necessary.
- Required to work any shift scheduled (day, swing or graveyard).
- Required to work 8 – 12 hours per day.
- Required to climb ladders; climb to extreme heights.
- Required to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Candidates for this position must have a valid driver’s license and safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver’s license or appropriate state driver’s license within 30 days of hire.
- Required to understand, read and write the English language.
- Skilled in reading, comprehending, interpreting and executing simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Skilled in writing simple correspondence.
- Skilled in adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing using whole numbers.
- Required to comply with company GMP Policies.
Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extreme cold (non-weather). The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Requisition ID: 78883
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.