With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Under general supervision engages in a variety of functions to directly support maintenance mechanics at the Livingston Winery during the Harvest Season.
Pay Rate: $19.90
You must be available to work the full Harvest which runs from June – November.
- Supports maintenance mechanics with installing, repairing and maintaining all equipment.
- Participates in ensuring the efficient operation of all equipment related to LVW Processing Equipment.
- Works closely with mechanics to learn how to troubleshoot winery equipment and to drive continuous improvement of equipment operation control systems.
- Supports mechanics in identifying, procuring, and replacing defective parts.
- Tests equipment for conformance to specifications prior to use.
- Helps in the rebuilding and fabricating parts.
- Works rotating shifts during the harvest season (1 month on day, 1 month on swing, and 1 month on graveyard).
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
- High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
- Required to possess an Associate’s Degree or Certificate of Achievement or be 1 month from receiving an Associate’s Degree or Certificate of Achievement from one of the following Trades/Programs or their equivalent from any California Junior College or other state’s equivalent: Industrial Electronics, Machine Tool Technology, Industrial Electrical Technician, Mechanized Agriculture, Manufacturing Technology, Mechatronics/Automated Systems Technology, Industrial Maintenance Technology, Welding Technology, Diesel Equipment Technology.
- Required to be at least 18 years of age.
- Required to maintain 3-shift availability.
- Required to lift and carry 75lbs. up stair cases and ladders; required to lift and move equipment weighing up to 100lbs.
- Required to climb ladders, work on building rooftops and crawl or climb through tight spaces in attics, and basements.
- Skilled in reading, comprehending, interpreting and executing simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Skilled in writing simple correspondence.
- Skilled in adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing using whole numbers.
- Knowledge of Industrial Electrical Technician and mechanized agriculture principles.
- Experience working on mechanical equipment.
- Experience maintaining professionalism and working with all functions and levels of an organization.
- Experience understanding and carrying out verbal and written instructions.
Requisition ID: 78862
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.