With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Responsibilities include sample collection, documentation, labeling, log-in, preparation and analysis (physical and chemical) of grape or other Cal Color products while following the department's safety practices, procedures and quality system. This position may require shift work with occasional overtime and weekend work schedules.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• Performs routine analysis utilizing appropriate methods as required.
• Operates laboratory instruments such as refractometer, pH meter, spectrophotometer, balances, turbidimeter, and other instruments as required to perform duties.
• Analyzes and processes laboratory samples.
• Receives rush samples, prioritizes samples and tests, analyzes samples and reports results in a timely manner as specified.
• Performs other work related duties as assigned by the Supervisor including, but not limited to, sampling, cleaning, record clerk duties and special projects.
• Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
• Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory consideration.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High School Diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
• Required to work any shift.
• Strong verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Skilled in reading, comprehending, interpreting and executing simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
• Skilled in writing simple correspondence.
• Skilled in adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing using whole numbers.
• The position requires seasonal availability for a seven day work week (8 – 12 hours per day).
• Required to comply with company GMP Policies.
• Bachelor’s of Science degree plus 1 year Laboratory Technician experience.
• Some Laboratory Technician Experience.
• Experience reading and interpreting documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Skilled in writing routine reports and correspondence.
• Skilled in the use of MS Word and Excel.
• Skilled in applying concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
• Experience solving practical problems and dealing with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Skilled in interpreting a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Requisition ID: 78742
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.