With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Under direct supervision, performs the following: sanitation inspections at various locations in the winery and microbiological and chemical analysis of wine/juice products. Responsible for media preparation and general up-keep of the laboratory.
- Performs visual sanitation inspections of winery equipment.
- Collects top and bottom samples from wine storage tanks and crush tanks.
- Becomes familiar with all tank and other sampling locations in the Winery.
- Participates in keeping the Lab and all related equipment neat and clean.
- Collects representative samples in a safe, clean manner that does not risk contamination or loss of product.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory consideration.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Types of samples taken on a regular basis and analysis to be performed include:
- % solids
- Total and Free SO2
- FTIR juice or wine analysis
- Sanitation Samples
- Daily Starter/Fermenter Samples
- Juice Samples
- Requested Cellar Samples
- Wine and Concentrate Samples
- Monthly inventory samples.
- Miscellaneous Samples
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
- High School diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
- Skilled in reading, writing, and understanding the English language.
- Experience working well with others.
- Skilled in maintaining accuracy in lab work.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Required to lift and move 40 pounds frequently.
- Specific vision requirements for this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Required to work in high, precarious places.
- Required to work any shift, including weekends.
- Required to work overtime when necessary.
- Skilled in reading, comprehending, interpreting and executing simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Skilled in writing simple correspondence.
- Skilled in adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing using whole numbers.
- Associate’s degree in chemistry, food science, biology, or chemical engineering plus 1 year of laboratory experience.
- Skilled in the use of MS Excel at a basic level.
- Experience reading and interpreting documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Skilled in writing routine reports and correspondence.
- Skilled in applying concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Experience solving practical problems and dealing with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Skilled in interpreting a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Experience operating laboratory machines and equipment such as a manual-shift motor scooter, computer and various meters and testing devices.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Requisition ID: 78841
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.