With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Under direct supervision, this seasonal position supports the Chemistry group by providing general routine assistance in the lab. In addition, this seasonal employee will sort and prepare results of grape samples.
You must be available to work the full Harvest Season which runs from June – November.
- Processes and samples grapes to include de-stemming, juicing and grinding.
- Performs grape sorting, organizing, labeling, log-in, and sample preparation as appropriate.
- Participates in the routine maintenance and organization of the lab. Participates in maintaining a clean work environment, upkeep of equipment, and an adequate supply of expendables.
- Cleans and sanitizes areas of the lab, including interior/exterior of equipment.
- Sorts and prepares results of grape samples.
- Participates in field work.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory consideration.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
- High School Diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
- Required to be at least 18 years of age.
- Required to work overtime, weekends, and any shift, when needed.
- The position requires seasonal availability for a 6 day work week (4 – 6 hours per day).
- Required to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Candidates for this position must have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver’s license or appropriate state driver’s license within 30 days of hire
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus, but not required.
- Skilled in the use of MS Word and Excel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to:
- Stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, and hear.
- Stand and walk almost the entire workday.
- Employees must be physically capable of working in any of the job tasks within the chemistry effort at the lab.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to the following:
- Exposure to dust, and other irritating substances.
- Exposure to solvents or chemicals.
- Exposure to slippery walking surfaces: water and debris
- Exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity depending on time of year.
- The work is performed indoors and outdoors, in variable weather conditions, which fluctuates in temperature extremes from + 32oF to + 115oF.
- Noise level is usually moderate to loud.
Requisition ID: 79341
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.