With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Under direct supervision, supports the Chemistry group by providing courier service for grape samples between several Winery locations ranging from the North Coast to the Central Valley. Sorts, prepares, analyzes, and reports results of grape samples.
- Picks up empty ice chests with Blue Ice packets at the Livingston Ranch Laboratory and transports them to various Winery locations.
- Picks up ice chests containing grape samples and transports to appropriate laboratory.
- Unload and scan into organizational system using Gallo provided device.
- Responsible for providing adequate updates to all team members via text or email using Gallo provided device.
- Performs other transportation tasks as required.
- Performs grape sorting, labeling, log-in, and sample preparation as appropriate.
- Participates in the routine maintenance and organization of the Grape Assessment Labs.
- Participates in maintaining a clean work environment, upkeep of equipment, and an adequate supply of expendables.
- Participates in field work.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
- High school diploma of State-issued equivalency certificate.
- Required to be at least 18 years of age.
- Required to work overtime, weekends, and any shift, when needed.
- This position requires seasonal availability for a 7 day work week (8-12 hours per day).
- Required to lift and move 50 pounds.
- Candidates for this position must have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver’s license or appropriate state driver’s license within 30 days of hire.
- Required to read, write and understand the English language.
- Specific vision requirements for this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Experience following written instructions.
- Experience functioning in a team environment.
- Skilled in detail and accuracy.
- Previous local truck driving experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Requisition ID: 79321
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.