With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
E & J Gallo Winery is hiring for Seasonal Field Sugar Testers for our 2021 harvest! This position gathers and tests grape sugar samples, operates machinery, facilitates inbound trucks at the winery and transports samples to the lab for analysis.
What You Will Do:
- Operates the analyzer and the hydraulic probe grape sampler as well as other testing equipment.
- Performs basic data entry at workstation.
- Facilitates grape deliveries and communicates with truck drivers and growers.
- Travels to grower vineyards to take samples and accurately record sugar values of grapes.
- Examines grapes for breakout of disease and advises management.
- Transports juice samples to the winery lab for analysis.
- Communicates activities to growers in the field.
- Takes grapes samples by hand from delivery trucks.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations.
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
- Required to be 18 years of age.
- Skilled in reading, comprehending, interpreting and executing simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Skilled in writing routine reports and correspondence.
- Skilled in adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing using whole numbers.
- Required to work any shift and work overtime if necessary.
- Candidates for this position must have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver’s license or appropriate state driver’s license with 30 days of hire.
- Required to travel by automobile to various sites.
- Required to frequently lift and move equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Requisition ID: 79041
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.