With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Louis Martini Winery in St Helena is hiring for a Seasonal Enologist who performs enology functions associated with the winemaking process for assigned locations across all wine varieties and brands.
What You Will Do:
- Functions as liaison between winemaking and production.
- Partners with production personnel to coordinate work order execution.
- Coordinates the work order process.
- Reviews wine analysis, tank top inspection reports; communicates out-of-specification wines to winemakers.
- Participates in monitoring fermentation activity and analysis/management of grapes received during harvest.
- Supports the wine production processes across all wine varieties and brands.
- Maintains and sorts data from winemaking trials, experiments and wine processing operations.
- Participates in bench trials; conducts and manages certain trials and experiments.
- Manages sample requests and inventory tasting.
- Participates in the management of winery workflow processes using internal company software system.
- Manages shared complex spreadsheets (mainly MS Excel and MS Access).
- Participates in berry sensory analysis and fundamental vineyard assessments.
- Participates in wine tasting and sensory evaluation.
- Monitors wine/brandy quality.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biological Engineering, Biology, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Enology, Viticulture, Fermentation Science, Nutritional Science, Food Science Plant Science or Microbiology OR High School Diploma or State-Issued equivalency certificate plus 4 years of enology, viticulture or winemaking experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience working at least one grape harvest in production winemaking.
- Candidates for this position must have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver’s license or appropriate state driver’s license within 30 days of hire.
- Required to lift and move up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Required to possess the color vision necessary to judge and evaluate wine color.
- Required to taste and evaluate wines.
- Required to be 21 years of age or older due to wine tasting.
- Skilled in the use of MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint at an intermediate level
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future
To view a full job description, please click here.
Requisition ID: 78963
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.