Job ID: 140810
Required Travel :Minimal
Managerial – No
Location: India- Pune (Amdocs Site)
Who are we?
Amdocs helps those who build the future to make it amazing. With our market-leading portfolio of software products and services, we unlock our customers’ innovative potential, empowering them to provide next-generation communication and media experiences for both the individual end user and enterprise customers. Our 28,000 employees around the globe are here to accelerate service providers’ migration to the cloud, enable them to differentiate in the 5G era, and digitalize and automate their operations. Listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market, Amdocs had revenue of $4.3 billion in fiscal 2021. For more information, visit Amdocs at www.amdocs.com
In one sentence
Responsible for Leading and mentoring a small development team within a specific task or project, side by side with hands-on development.
What will your job look like?
- You will provide technical leadership to software engineers by coaching and mentoring throughout end-to-end software development, maintenance, and lifecycle to achieve project goals to the required level of quality; promote team engagement and motivation.
- Provide recommendations to the software engineering manager for estimates, resource needs, breakthroughs and risks; ensure effective delegation, supervising tasks, identifying risks and handling mitigation and critical issues.
- Hands-on technical and functional mentorship to design, maintenance, build, integration and testing of sophisticated software components according to functional and technical design specifications; Follow software development methodologies and release processes
- You will analyze and report the requirements and provide impact assessment for new features or bug fixes. Make high-level design and establishes technical standards.
- You will represent and lead discussions related to product/ application/ modules/ team and build relationships with internal customers/partners
- You will implement quality processes (such as performing technical root cause analysis and outlining corrective action for given problems), measure them and takes corrective actions in case of variances and ensure all the project agreed work are completed to the required level of quality.
All you need is…
- Bachelor’s degree in Science/IT/Computing or equivalent
- 5 years of proven experience in a software engineering role
- 1-2 years of experience in leading tasks and/or mentoring engineers
- Thorough understanding of software development and/or support methodologies, principles and procedures and related software management tools
Why you will love this job:
- You will be challenged with leading and mentoring a small development team and h owning the technical aspects of the project
- You will have the opportunity to work in a growing organization, with ever growing opportunities for personal growth
- You will have the opportunity to work with the industry most sophisticated technologies!
- We offer a wide range of stellar benefits including health, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as paid time off, sick time, and parental leave!
Amdocs is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce