Take this rare job opportunity to apply your skills to a dynamic new setting. Keep vital teams organized, informed, and fully prepared to succeed. At Carilion Clinic, our team assists with physician’s documentation in a forward-thinking environment. You will thrive through extensive training, supportive leaders and potential for advancement. Carilion offers comprehensive benefits, paid time off, and tuition options. Join a team where your skills and ideas will make a difference in the health of our patients and the communities we live in.
The Scribe facilitates and assists in the completion of the physicianâs medical records and patient documentation in a professional and timely manner.
The Scribe’s job duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Accompanies a physician through the duties of patient care during the course of each work shift, while updating the medical record in real time. Transcribing details of the physical exam and elements of the chart. This includes assimilating results from any lab tests, imaging tests, or medications ordered by the physician. A scribe may also be present to record a physicianâs consultations with family members or other physicians about a specific patientâs case.
- Reminds physician on the progress of lab, X-ray, or other patient evaluation data and transcribing the results into patient charts so that a patientâs workup is complete and the physician can make sound treatment decisions.
- Documents procedures performed by the physician or any other healthcare professional, including nurses and physician assistants.
- May assist in initiating pages to the consultants for the physician.
- Masters the use of the EPIC EMR, and the PACS imaging system.
Education: Associate’s required or equivalent experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Social science or medically related field preferred. Some command of medical terminology required.
Experience: Experience working with the public in a healthcare setting required.
Licensure/Certification: None required.
Other: Excellent PC, typing and interpersonal and verbal communication skills required.
Below are our core values that we strive to embody and expect of all our team members:
Collaboration: Working together with purpose to achieve shared goals.
Commitment: Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service.
Compassion: Putting heart into everything we do.
Courage: Doing what’s right for our patients without question.
Curiosity: Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence.
Requisition Number: 79363
Employment Status: Full time
Location: CTCH – Carilion Tazwell Community Hospital
Shift Details: Mondays-Wednesdays 11am-11pm
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
This is Carilion Clinic …
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.