Additional Locations: (n/a)
Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – Caring – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
About the role:
The Center for Biological Innovation (CBI) is a BSC Center of Excellence that utilizes in vitro and ex vivo approaches, such as biochemical, cell-based, microbial, and tissue-based assays to support the design, development and commercialization of BSC products. The successful Scientist II candidate should have appropriate scientific experience to provide the technical support required for planning, conduct, analysis, and reporting of in vitro biomedical research studies.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting hemocompatibility testing of materials, coatings and blood contacting devices
- Manipulating whole blood specimens for research needs
- Following experimental protocols and supporting the development of customized in vitro assays
- Executing on tasks and protocols both independently and with guidance from senior team members
- Summarizing data and assisting with analysis and preparation of data for reporting and presentation
- Optimizing and troubleshooting technical assays and protocols
- Preparing reagents and equipment needed for experimental execution
- Maintaining detailed and accurate records
What we’re looking for in you:
- Bachelors degree with 2+ years of relevant industry or academic experience
- Experience working in a lab environment involving handling of biological samples
- Hands on experience in one or more in one more of the following: histology, immunostaining, flow cytometry, ELISA, and/or microscopy
- Ability to troubleshoot and develop process and/or assay improvements
- Masters degree in biomedical engineering, or a related field
- Experience in hematology highly desirable
- General understanding of cardiovascular physiology and/or blood fluid mechanics
- Familiarity with bioanalytical tools such as ACT, aggregometry, and/or thromboelastometry highly desirable
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting and on an individual basis
- Results and detail-oriented
- Ability to quickly learn new techniques and adapt to in a changing environment
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Hands-on experience with multiple cell biology techniques (flow cytometry, Luminex multiplex assays, confocal microscopy, cell culture/tissue engineering)
Requisition ID: 482781
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.