Additional Locations: US-MA-Marlborough
Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – Caring – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
About the role:
Boston Scientific is looking for an experienced Functional Analyst to support Supply Chain (MMPP) area for Magellan project (S4 HANA business transformation) within an SAP Center of Excellence. This person will be the primary technical owner, which includes development, enhancement, documentation, and support of SAP MM/PP and segmentation strategy. In addition, the person will analyze, design, document, test and deliver business systems and Information System process solutions to meet business requirements in an Agie Delivery approach.
Your responsibilities include:
- Solution design, build, and implementation experience with SAP MM/PP, and segmentation strategies for requirement and stock segments
- Thorough knowledge of product segmentation in material master create & maintain processes, production planning, manufacturing and quality processes
- Product distribution controls leveraging stock segments
- Work closely with the project team (internal and external) to assure a timely solution
- May lead multiple project activities simultaneously, working with internal and external cross-functional groups
- Resolve technical issues including diagnosis of problem, recommendations for workarounds and defect correction
- Analyze, design, construct, test, and implement system or application enhancements
- Create and maintain all required technical documentation per IS methodology and processes
- Demonstrate technical leadership by staying current on new technologies
- Maintain collaborative working relationship with IS services (database, data center, servers, desktop, networking, security)
- Understand customer’s business implications and incorporate understanding into technical and process improvement recommendations
- Lead or support roll-out and implementation of new business applications and functionality specifically within the SAP MM and PP space
- Lead project work stream activities, working with internal and external cross-functional groups
- Adhere to project plans, tasks, and deliverables; identify dependencies and resource requirements
- Appropriately communicate project status, escalate issues, and manage timelines and action items
- Assist Scrum Master to ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to by the project team
- Participate in all sprint ceremonies (daily scrums, backlog refinement, planning, retrospectives and reviews)
- Seek continuous improvement opportunities
- Escalate status and blockers to the program level
- Escalate issues and project risks as they arise and elevate them to management
- Be transparent with your business partners about status and develop business trust
- Facilitate discussion and alternative approaches to challenge
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ Years of SAP PP & MM implementation experience
- Experience with 3-5 full life cycle implementations in SAP PP
- Experience with 2-3 full life cycle implementations in SAP MM
- 3-5 years’ experience with delivery solutions using Agile principles and software development methodologies working in a Product Team environment
- Strong configuration and implementation skills in the areas of SAP
- Experience with Forecasting, Demand Management, Production Planning (MRP) and Shop Floor Execution
- Experience in handling various material staging processes
- Understanding the integration with various SAP modules like QM, SD, QM, CO, PM, WM and FI
- Detailed knowledge of SAP Procure to Pay, Materials Management and Inventory Management processes, hands on experience in configuration of P2P and IM processes, including Vendor Management, Product Life Cycle Management, Inventory best practices
- Expertise in PO/PR Release strategy setup based on various business requirements
- Strong/current experience with supply chain process to include: Purchase order processing; Inventory management, Physical inventory and counting processes, Material staging for manufacturing
- Intercompany/interplant shipments and Transfer order processing
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle and methodologies
- Ability to identify and implement process improvement opportunities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with strong, proactive work ethic
- Exceptional organizational & time management skills
- Experience with Medical Device or Life Sciences beneficial
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills including oral, written, and listening skills with a track record of communicating complex concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff, including at senior executive levels
- A positive attitude, innovative and creative thinker.
- Responsible risk taking and risk management.
Requisition ID: 490036
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.