No Relocation Assistance Offered
# 102981 – Piscataway, New Jersey, United States
Are you a IT SAP Basis Administrator that is looking to ensure the effective operation of the systems that comprise the IT infrastructure in the Enterprise Service Center?
We are looking for you to join our Colgate Team!
The Basis Administrator will be responsible for handling and support the production SAP and application environment, installing new systems, leading end to end upgrades, refreshes, patches, maintenance, etc. The candidate must have good teamwork, communication and documentation skills. Candidate must be available to work a flexible work schedule including nights and weekends when needed.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Support large and results-oriented ERP Production Environment, maintain, fix, upgrade, and install new software and systems etc
- SAP performance tuning and optimization
- Production System troubleshooting – SAP & Databases (DB2, HANA, Oracle, MaxDB, MS SQL)
- Understanding of Portals and how to upgrade, tune and troubleshoot J2EE portals.
- Understand and coordinate transport Route setup & troubleshooting
- Work with patch updates, kernel upgrades, system upgrade (Release Upgrade), UNIX level knowledge, backups/restore, EWA setups, and familiarity with SAP Software Update Manager.
- Project management expertise surrounding the SAP, DB2 and other upgrades as well as new product installations.
- End-to-end System SAP Refresh execution including knowledge of database restore commands
- Basic understanding of System Replication and Disaster Recovery
Required Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience supporting, upgrading and maintaining global SAP systems
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with SAP Basis support
- Basic OS knowledge of UNIX and/or Linux and Windows
- Base DBA knowledge/experience with one or more of the following -DB2/Oracle/HANA/MS SQL
- SAP installs, troubleshooting, as well as patching and upgrades experience
- Basic knowledge of SLD (System Landscape Directory) & SMP (Solution Manager)
- Exposure to various cloud platforms and technology providers such as GCP/AWS/Azure
- Experience with daily monitoring, proactive checks, fixing of ABAP and JAVA platforms across multiple SAP products (ECC, APO, BW, Portals, SLD, Trex)
- Experience with Libelle
- Knowledge of SAP System installations & support for large variety of SAP Instance types (ECC, APO/SCM, CRM, BW, PI, Java/ Portals, MDM, Solution Manager, Trex, SAP Hybris)
- Knowledge of Disaster Recovery principles including database and storage replication.
Apply to the role and learn more about it!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company’s web site at http://www.colgatepalmolive.com. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education program, please visit http://www.colgatebsbf.com. To learn more about Hill's and the Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love program please visit http://www.hillspet.com. To learn more about Tom’s of Maine please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.