At NRG, we’re bringing the power of energy to people and organizations by putting customers at the center of everything we do. We generate electricity and provide energy solutions and natural gas to millions of customers through our diverse portfolio of retail brands. A Fortune 500 company, operating in the United States and Canada, NRG delivers innovative solutions while advocating for competitive energy markets and customer choice, working towards a sustainable energy future. More information is available at www.nrg.com. Connect with NRG on Facebook, LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
- Green Mountain Energy is seeking a charismatic and goal driven individual to lead a team of sales agents to success in the Eastern Pennsylvania market. The position balances administrative and field duties to ensure communication between Area Manager and field level activity. Team Leads experience atypical working schedules, as most sales activity happens during non-office hours; Some weekend availability is critical. Availability and willingness to answer some texts or short phone calls during employee shifts is expected. Candidates should possess strong salesmanship skills along with the ability to relay those skills to new sales agents during field shifts and trainings. The Team Lead will be cooperatively working alongside one direct counterpart, with some sharing of duties and responsibilities as necessary and fit. Team Leads are expected to work constructively alongside a Recruiter and Partnership Coordinator while reporting to the Area Manager.
- Work diligently to assure safety for all sales team members.
- Achieve signup, flow, and product sales goals while seeking to improve sales metrics, agent performance, and sales processes.
- Regularly lead by example in the field through selling/closing prospects for Green Mountain Energy® Pollution Free® Electricity and other products/services.
- Manage agent tenure through facilitating employee growth.
- Maintain effective reporting and communication with sales agents to ensure all are properly informed of expectations, policies, procedures, and programs.
- Manage your team to meet all quality standards through ensuring accuracy of messaging and that appropriate sales tactics are performed.
- Produce and maintain a schedule for agents to ensure all opportunities are staffed appropriately.
- Track inventory in possession of sales agents to ensure they are properly equipped and collect materials from agents when necessary.
- Attend and participate during required meetings.
- Ensure compliance with the approved commission and bonus plans.
- Verify and approve payroll hours and expense reports.
- Regularly update agent profiles on salesforce to track agent growth.
- Provide field level feedback such as encounters with competitors, agent satisfaction, and location productivity.
- Timely submit required reports with an emphasis on quality and accuracy.
- Work with stakeholders across departments to support sales efforts, including HR, accounting, marketing, legal, public relations, peers in other markets, sales analysts, quality assurance, and others.
- Occasionally perform event setup duties as needed.
- Remote administrative duties.
- Required travel to shifts at various venues both indoor and outdoor.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Three years of direct sales experience required.
- Proven ability to work within a team.
- Ability to travel to field locations throughout the market.
- Internal drive to make a positive impact on the environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, or related field.
- Prior sales team management experience.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in Salesforce.com.
- Familiarity with cloud-based web portals.
- Possess the drive to achieve targeted goals.
- Knowledge of industry standards and regulations.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to respond via text/phone to emergencies during atypical hours.
- Ability to continuously engage prospects and employees at various venues for several hours.
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant’s experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources