Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Sales Support Associate will be responsible for developing a comprehensive understanding of Lumen’s internal sales systems and processes while acting as the subject matter expert for all internal questions and escalations around these processes. The Sales Support Associate will support the sales team by driving rapid responses from internal teams via these processes and systems as prioritized by Sales Management.
The Main Responsibilities
- Will provide direct sales support by utilizing a variety of organizational and project management skills.
- Manage required responses and forms from multiple teams during order preparation
- Perform administrative changes to internal quoting system including workbook order entry. Assist sales team with pricing and quoting group requests and sales credit verifications.
- Partner with Business Process Engineering group to identify areas of process improvement.
- Assist in sales funnel management by identifying committed sales.
- Expedite sales process by facilitating requests with appropriate internal groups, coordinating completion, and ensuring timely responses.
- Facilitate service inventory investigation.
- Schedule follow up customer meeting. Coordinate customer attendance for local events.
- Provide support to sales staff as needed.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Ability to perform multiple tasks
- Verbal and written communication skills necessary to fulfill basic duties of the role.
- Up to 2 years’ experience in the area of sales or marketing support
- Ability to work with senior management to complete assigned tasks on time with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with complex databases and systems
- Experience with Salesforce and Excel applications
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, pro-active, and results-oriented professional
- Develop effective working relationships with peers, sales team and across organizational lines.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
Requisition #: 256355
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.