With over 80 years as an industrial technology leader, Kennametal Inc. delivers productivity to customers through materials science, tooling and wear-resistant solutions. Customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering and transportation turn to Kennametal to help them manufacture with precision and efficiency. Every day approximately 9,000 employees are helping customers in more than 60 countries stay competitive. Kennametal generated nearly $1.9 billion in revenues in fiscal 2020. Learn more at www.kennametal.com. Follow @Kennametal: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Job Summary and Mission
Manages the sale of products and services in a specified geographic area through assigned sales engineers and reps and sales office activities. Develops sales plans and budgets for achieving sales goals. This position may be in Regional Sales, Key Accounts, Direct or Indirect.
Key Job Responsibilities
•Manage day-to-day responsibilities of a function or small unit/department
•Develop tactical plans to achieve business results and provide feedback and input on strategy
•Monitor processes and provide reports on progress and achievement of business objectives
•Optimize resources allocation and utilization
Key Position Accountabilities
- Develops annual sales plan for assigned territory
- Manage operating and capital budgets. Manage quota allocation and variable compensation plan for the team.
- Develops strategy to enable the unit to meet sales plan.
- Define and communicate goals, objectives, and strategies to team members
Knowledge & Skills
• Knowledge of the specialized field of expertise. Oversees execution of key cross-functional projects in support of the strategy.
• Overall understanding of business objectives and influence of department on achievement of those objectives
• Typically, accountable for the performance of – Products and/or discipline within a small business unit or staff function.
• Accountability for Revenue/Product/COGS range from $50M-$300M.
• Limited cost exposure impact on functional performance
• Determines how resources are allocated within the area of accountability.
• Provides input into organizational design for the area of accountability, primarily with a focus on the short-term.
• Typically, accountable for development and adherence to a departmental budget.
• May build and maintain relationships with constituents outside Company to support business needs.
• Interacts with other departments to coordinate activities.
• Makes decisions using detailed analysis, integration, and constructive thinking.
• Decisions are guided by set policies and procedures, business plans, resource availability, and functional objectives.
• Has responsibility for making decisions and managing risks that would have little or no impact on the assets of the Company.
• Provides input on decision-making within the area of accountability.
Typical Education or Equivalent Work Experience
• 4-year secondary degree, plus advanced degree preferred.
• 8+ years in the discipline.
• 3 – 5 years management.
As part of our core values, Kennametal is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all people. We are an Equal Opportunity employer.