You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
The Sales Manager is responsible for achieving annual sales and profits related to group sales events, while working in partnership with operations to exceed guest expectations for every private or corporate event.
Now, if you were to come on board as our Sales Manager, we’d ask you to do the following for us:
- Continues to build sales through strategic programs
- Assists in setting standards to ensure all catering services exceed guest expectations
- Directs the overall communication efforts of the department to ensure internal guest understanding and external guest “World Class” experience
- Analyzes feedback from clients to continually enhance services
- Oversees development of advertising and marketing sales programs
- Assures the continual process of revenue development
- Promotes the sale of profitable Compass services
- Provides annual, monthly, and twelve-month forecasts of expected business activity
- Ensures required department reports are completed and information is compiled at month end closing
- Achieves assigned sales targets and budget goals
- Thoroughly and accurately uses applicable Compass systems (Purchasing, Point-of-sale, Catering Management System, Timekeeping System and more)
- Ensures that all security, safety, and sanitation standards are achieved
- Uses all performance management tools to provide guidance and feedback to team and to ensure lines of communication are open between management and associates
- Promotes a cooperative work climate, maximizing productivity and morale
- Interviews, hires, trains, and develops sales associates according to Compass guidelines
Think you have what it takes to be our Sales Manager? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you are the best fit:
- Able to communicate effectively with management team, guests, and associates by speaking and comprehending English
- English reading, writing, math, and computer skills required
- Ability to taste and evaluate food and beverage products
- Must be able to work extended shifts of 10 hours or more as business dictates
- Must be flexible with schedule and able to work different shifts
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact PeopleHub@compass-canada.com for further information.