With over 80 years as an industrial technology leader, Kennametal Inc. delivers productivity to customers through materials science, tooling and wear-resistant solutions. Customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering and transportation turn to Kennametal to help them manufacture with precision and efficiency. Every day approximately 9,000 employees are helping customers in more than 60 countries stay competitive. Kennametal generated nearly $1.9 billion in revenues in fiscal 2020. Learn more at www.kennametal.com. Follow @Kennametal: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Territory:Northern California, San Francisco Bay area and Marin County territories.
Remote -Office in Home within the territory
Support customer relationships by maintaining deep product technical knowledge and providing technical advice, technical support, and technical expertise to enable & foster expansion in the market and solve for customer inquiry, problems, and needs; enabling Kennametal to be the go-to supplier for the customers’ tooling application demands. Liaison with Sales Engineer, Productivity Engineer, and Inside Sales to support the customers technical needs.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Be an expert in the company’s products and applications across end-markets while being vigil of cost savings and expansion into untapped market applications.
- Understand the difference in the company’s products vs. competitor’s offerings and provide expert advice on the advantages of the company’s products in specific applications.
- Perform analysis of complex application needs and develop recommendations in support of customer balancing business need. Conduct tooling and application testing. Prepare and present progress, status and forecasting reports of assigned area of responsibility.
- Maintain expert knowledge on industry trends, training opportunities, and forecasts.
- Leverage CRM to track activities and NOVO.
- Support sales growth in using the company’s products/technology to design and execute cost savings initiatives with customers.
- Active collaboration with internal customers such as Product Marketing, Mfg., Technology, etc., to ensure information share and goal alignments.
- Promote E-Commerce and other innovative revenue streams to support all customers and their buying habits.
Role reports to: District Business Manager.
Education, Work Experience, Skills, Certificates
- Bachelor’s Degree
Years of Relevant Work Experience Required: 5-8 Years
Preferred Areas of Education, Certifications, and Skills:
Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Engineering.
COMPETENCIES INCLUDE: Technical/Professional knowledge & skills, creating demand through insight, influencing, planning & organizing, decision making, account planning, active learning, advancing sales discussions, building customer loyalty, building trusting relationships. CNC Programming experience in the following platforms preferred: Mastercam, Esprit, Siemens NX, ProE, etc.
Required Licenses & Certificates:
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Travel is required and domestic, 20-50% of the time.
As part of our core values, Kennametal is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all people. We are an Equal Opportunity employer.