Department: MFG Safety
Post End Date:
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: Human Resources Manager
Position Supervises: N/A
Pay Level: Hourly
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Lead, facilitate and monitor the safety processes and compliance functions to ensure all safety issues are resolved and all compliance matters are maintained as required by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the Kroger Co. Involve and assist the entire plant team in meeting individual and plant safety goals and objectives. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability (SQR) and our Customer 1st strategy. Role model and demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support all areas of the physical safety and Behavioral Accident Prevention Process (BAPP) with consistency and advocacy.
- Coordinate all safety training and maintain documentation.
- Prepare all reports incidental to Regulatory Compliance functions.
- Test and evaluate air quality throughout facility.
- Evaluate costs, order emergency response equipment and develop emergency response training programs.
- Monitor and record information regarding sanitary practices by in-plant personnel; identify potential problems, and assist in determining corrective action.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all FDA, OSHA, EPA, and local, state, and federal regulations.
- Coordinate personnel training in proper use of respirators; maintains the Respiratory Protection Plan.
- Oversee training in: GMPs, Plant safety rules (LOTO, Electrical safe work practices), chemical safety, MSDSs, Confined Space Entry, Allergens, asbestos safety, Respiratory Protection, and HACCP.
- Support the continued improvement of the Safety 4 Key Driver process.
- Assist in accident investigations and follow up to resolution.
- Conduct safety inspections to remove physical barriers that cause injuries.
- Utilize RINCON system to enter observation data for the BOS Steering Team, 4 Key Drivers Team and Management team to use in driving change in our safety process.
- Conduct safety orientation for new associates and maintain training documentation.
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF 2000 Systems.
- Accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Basic math skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong attention to detail, with high degree of accuracy and precision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong administration, planning, facilitation and organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and complete work with little supervision.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Previous office experience or plant experience.
- Previous safety compliance experience.
- OSHA 30 Hour training.
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Travel: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
States: Georgia; South Carolina
Jobs at Kroger Logistics: To support and reward our hardworking and friendly associates, we offer much more than just a paycheck. We strive to feed your future by offering the ingredients you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life. Our associates receive a full plate of benefits that promote their physical, emotional and financial well-being, including access to competitive health care and retirement benefits, paid time off, mental health resources, associate discounts and opportunities to learn, grow and advance. Our associates also get to help us make a difference in our communities through our Zero Hunger | Zero Waste and Framework for Action: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion plans. Visit the thekrogerco.com to learn more about our work in the communities we serve and how our associates help us be a good neighbor.
Below is a list of some of the benefits we offer our associates.
Health & Well-being Benefits:
- Health care benefits
- Paid time off such as vacation, sick leave, and parental leave
- Mental and emotional support resources through our Employee Assistance Program
- Participation in a 401(k) plan, subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Group term life insurance eligible
- Eligible for an annual bonus based upon company performance
- Associate discounts
Growth and Development Benefits:
- Tuition assistance, college scholarships and educational leave of absence, depending on varying criteria by location and subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Robust internal training and development resources to grow your career
We want the best for associates and our customers, and together, we strive to create a welcoming and engaging environment where you’ll love to work. If you are interested in becoming a valued member of our team, apply now. We look forward to getting to know you!
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: SC || Anderson || 433 Sayre St || 29621 || Anderson Bakery || None || Manufacturing || Employee || NEH SEC PRG || Full-Time || None