Department: LOG Management
Post End Date: 04/07/2021
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: Senior Supply Chain Manager
Position Supervises: Supervisor
Pay Level: 6
FLSA Status: Exempt
Investigate and analyze new/potential safety issues and offer corrective/preventative action measures. Promote enhanced safety performance and provide safety training by offering coaching, mentoring and training for all associates. Interact with local, state and federal levels on safety initiatives, as well as divisional, corporate and regulatory groups. Provide leadership and guidance on safety/compliance and the protection of associates, the facility, the transportation department and the company. Maintain and follow up on the execution of company safety programs and solicit suggestions/ideas to make the distribution center a safe environment. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports.
- Serve as a contact person regarding all aspects of safety training, record keeping and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) compliance and management.
- Oversee the behavior risk improvement process to ensure core teams are meeting regularly, completing and tracking observations, setting goals and celebrating safety achievements; ensure leaders support the process.
- Investigate accidents and injuries to determine root cause.
- Review all injury reports and investigations for accuracy and completeness.
- Promote safety awareness through Safety Focus events, recognition and training programs.
- Participate in facility safety audits.
- Act as a Safety Committee representative and advisor.
- Ensure building and equipment safety inspections are conducted and documented.
- Schedule associate annual training/retraining and recommend disciplinary action as needed.
- Ensure accurate records are kept of all safety training courses and recertifications.
- Conduct periodic supervisor training sessions.
- Track safety metrics to identify trends.
- Conduct a monthly audit of the OSHA 300 log and resolve errors with claims administrators.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Possess a keen understanding of the safety industry and its laws
- 3 years of supervisory experience
- Proven active participation in a location safety program
- Good administrative skills
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Ability to complete skills and ability testing
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental health and safety or behavioral sciences or 3 years of equivalent experience in a related field
- Certified in first aid and CPR or able to be certified within first 6 month in the position
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills
- 10 and 30 hour OSHA course certification or ability to complete the certification within the first year in the position
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, click here.
Education Level: Bachelor’s Desired
Required Travel: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None