Requisition Number: 46674
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Corning’s Display Technologies segment manufactures glass substrates for active matrix liquid crystal displays (“LCDs”) that are used primarily in LCD televisions, notebook computers and flat panel desktop monitors.
Purpose of the Position Drive the development and implementation of occupational safety and health programs and practices that protect the safety and health of employees, contractors and visitors at sites within the Asia-Pacific region, particularly within greater China.
Determine priority and need for activities/projects within and across sites to mitigate risk.
Develop and deploy a roadmap and plan that ensures alignment with corporate safety strategy & standards and consistent application of programs across the sites.
- Assess status of program development and implementation against local regulation and corporate requirements and identify gaps and actions to close the gaps Develop, prioritize and implement corrective action plans to address identified gaps and risks, ensuring adequate local resources identified and assigned to take action Track, analyze and report performance against established metrics.
- Use collected data to identify region, country or site-wide issues, develop solutions and drive implementation. Provide periodic updates on progress.
- Develop and deliver training on OSH programs and expected actions to local leadership and employees Identify and provide local tools, resources and training and communication in order to implement OSH program requirements.
- Fully utilize corporate-wide reporting tools (e.g. Gensuite) Maintain detailed, specialist knowledge of occupational safety and health legislation via continuous professional development through education, training, conferences and research Grow the OSH expertise of safety specialist within the organization through various activities e.g. conference, training, assessment shadow.
- Monitor development of current leading practices via professional literature and conduct informal and formal benchmarking via attendance at meetings or conferences of safety professionals from across industry Engage site leadership to facilitate their authentic involvement in sponsoring and driving safety initiatives to improve safety performance and towards an interdependent culture Maintain alignment with corporate strategy, standards and initiatives.
- Collaborate with corporate environmental and health service department to synergize the expertise enabling the maximization of resource.
Education and Experience
BS preferred – Engineering or science subject, ideally safety, environmental or industrial hygiene field Demonstrated manufacturing experience in developing and deploying Safety Strategy and associated tactical plans to deliver targeted results for over 10 years Experience in leading change via influence and negotiation Excellent verbal and written communication skills;ideally executive presentation skills, strong English speaking and writing skills Demonstrated project management skills, ideally PEx green belt trained