You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Why work with Canteen? Imagine having a career that can take you places. Join our industry-leading team and there’s no telling how far you can grow with us. We provide healthy vending options through innovative design and quality products. We’re proud of our team and what we have accomplished over the years. Let’s continue moving forward, together.
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Status: Full Time
Location: 1111 Franklin Blvd Cambridge
Delivers food, supplies and other products (such as machines) to units and areas of service using a vehicle. Returns leftover food and equipment to the Catering Department. Also responsible for the safe operation of a motor vehicle in compliance with company policies/procedures and DOT regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assemble and deliver all food and supplies for catered functions to the scheduled locations.
- Prior to beginning each day’s route, ensure that truck/vehicle is properly loaded with all product required to properly service all scheduled deliveries.
- Unload requested products at delivery site.
- Collect empty containers and rejected or unsold merchandise.
- Clean and pack dishes and utensils for removal to the Catering Department.
- Return unserved foods and beverages, serving equipment and utensils to the Catering Department.
- Follow sanitation and safety guidelines when handling food and equipment.
- Keep company vehicle clean and organized at all times; perform pre & post trip vehicle inspections.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Think you have what it takes to be our Delivery Drivers? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role.
- A valid driver’s license is required and a good driving record.
- Must possess or able to obtain a valid food handler’s permit and/or alcohol server’s permit where required by law.
- FoodSafe Level 1 Certification.
- Must have the ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Strong communication skills.
Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact PeopleHub@compass-canada.com for further information.