Job Req ID: 795001
Position Number: 00122394
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details: M – F, 8a – 5p
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: CMC – NE
Location: Palliative Medicine
Location Details: 920 Church Street N
Our mission is to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.
Supervises, develops, and coordinates the clinical, research, educational and financial activities, as applicable, of their respective clinical program to ensure high quality and cost efficiency. Coordinates the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the palliative care program. Management of palliative care patients includes determining goals of care, providing emotional and social support, assisting with decisions about end of life care, and collaborating with community agencies. The Palliative Care Program Coordinator assists in the management of complex patients and families with life-limiting illnesses, working directly with the Palliative Medicine Physician/Nurse Practitioner to ensure appropriate communication between the service, patient/family and referring physicians.
- Coordinates the clinical care of patients being evaluated for and/or patients already participating in the clinical program, including research activities, and education.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, or arrange for the provision of appropriate care for an adolescent, adult, or geriatric population of patients.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status. Interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements and ensures and documents that age specific needs are being met as described in the departmental policies and procedures.
- Coordinates clinical care throughout the program utilizing pathways and developing tools to ensure high quality, cost effective continuity of care is provided to all patients.
- Collaborates with other clinical team members in assessing and supporting psychosocial needs of the patient/family.
- Supervises and coordinates the program interdisciplinary care conferences as applicable.
- Collaborates with entire clinical team to evaluate and implement appropriate educational materials.
Requires ability to sit, stand, or walk for long periods of time. Reaching, stooping, bending in file drawers. Working in fast-paced clinical setting. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, and touch and manual and finger dexterity. Must be able to be mobile within the entire healthcare system as needed.
Education, Experience and Certifications
BSN required. MSN preferred. NC RN license required. 2 years nursing experience required. Program management experience preferred. 5 years experience preferred. BLS HCP certification from AHA required. Depending on specialty area, a valid NC driverï¿½s license and reliable transportation may be required. Previous experience in internal medicine or adult med/surg or geriatrics, or oncology hospice or palliative care is preferred.
At Atrium Health, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer