Job Req ID: 830361
Position Number: 00142856
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: 12 hr shifts Nights
Standard Hours: 36.00
Department Name: NSG – Rehab Mt Holly
Location: Carolinas Rehab Mt. Holly
Location Details: Carolinas Rehabilitation Mt. Holly
Our mission is to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.
“This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus! Experienced RNs with a minimum of 1 year of experience are eligible for a bonus of $5,000 for Full Time positions, $10,000 if you have a CRRN certification and $2,500 for Part Time positions. In addition to the sign-on bonus, new teammates at Atrium Health are eligible for robust benefits packages, paid time off, and a Career Advancement Ladder that rewards you for years of experience within your area of specialty.”
The Comprehensive Rehabilitation team is comprised of an interdisciplinary team of qualified professionals who work together to meet the needs of the patient in an acute-care, inpatient -rehabilitation setting. The rehabilitation patient is one whose life has been negatively impacted by an event, such as an injury or illness. Our team-oriented units focus on meeting the rehabilitation needs of patients with a variety of medical diagnoses to include stroke, spinal cord injury, amputations, joint replacements, orthopedic ailments, oncology, brain injuries and general medical disorders. As part of this dynamic team, your role will be to assist the patient in reaching an optimal level of function that is aligned with the goal of returning to their home. The Rehabilitation Nurse also helps the patient adapt to an altered lifestyle by working collaboratively with the rehabilitation team and by maintaining a therapeutic environment that is conducive to the development of the patient and their caregiver. In this role, you will help to develop and implement strategies based on established nursing theories that encourage self-care, and helps to foster the physical, spiritual and the psychosocial well-being of the patient. Our team is ambitious and innovative as we strive to meet the needs of our patients while restoring their quality of life.
Responsible for the direct provision of patient care and for assisting the manager with daily operations to include but not limited to coordination of patient care/outcomes, allocation of human and fiscal resources, communications, patient throughput, program development and oversight, patient, physician and employee rounding, selection, development, and retention of staff, clinical supervision and performance appraisal, performance improvement activities, service recovery and compliance with regulatory agency requirements. Maintains clinical and professional competency as appropriate to the population of patients served.
- Supports the manager utilizing systematic approaches to enhance the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice, nursing service administration and delivery of care in the department
- Assists with interview, selection, and supervision of nursing personnel in the department
- Assists with coordination of communication at regular intervals throughout shifts via staff meetings/huddles to exchange information/ promote dialogue with teammates
- Collaborates with manager to ensure understanding and compliance with federal and state laws, to include healthcare services and practice, while complying with all required regulations and policies
- Rounds on patients, teammates, and physicians at prescribed frequencies to gain insight into patient care, employee, and physician satisfaction and appropriateness of patient care and/or department operations
- Delegates elements of care to appropriate healthcare workers in accordance with applicable legal or policy parameters or principles
- Assists in identifying expected outcomes to provide direction for continuity of care/department operations
- Assists in evaluating progress towards goal attainment/achievement of expected outcomes and disseminates information to teammates involved with the care or the situation
- Performs nursing care, assists with treatments, therapies, procedures, and administers medications as necessary
- Coordinates management of patient flow/throughput and staffing through continuous assessment of volume/acuity needs, utilizing resources available to assist in provision of appropriate staffing resources
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak and understand English fluently. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, and touch. Finger dexterity. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. Current RN licensure in appropriate state. Minimum two years nursing experience preferred. Previous management experience preferred. BSN required. RN candidates for external hire or internal promotion without BSN must be enrolled in a BSN program within 1 year of Hire/Transfer date and must complete program within 3 years of enrollment in the program. Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider status according to the American Heart Association. Appropriate professional certification (either clinical or leadership) is required within 1 year of eligibility for professional certification exam. Additional education, training, certifications, or experience may be required within the department by the nurse leader.
At Atrium Health, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer