The Clinic Practice Manager II will be responsible for ensuring care quality and oversight for high volume urgent care services at our Lexington, VA VelocityCare / Urgent Care Center. Candidate will take call as part of a manager team and will function as part of a service line team. Clinical competency in all patient care activities will be required. Clinical care component required. Position will be part of a dynamic management team, and candidate may be required to travel to other VelocityCare locations.
This position will support Carilion’s hallmarks of service excellence and quality for all job responsibilities.
• Day to day overall operational supervision and management of two high volume test sites performing both reference lab specimen collection and point of care testing of potential infectious disease to ensure accuracy, safety, and efficiency of operations.
• Function as a trainer, or coordinate training for all aspects of testing site operations.
• Supervision of all testing center staff to ensure safety, competency, accuracy, and efficiency of testing performed.
• Maintaining a safe environment to prevent cross contamination or spread of infectious agents.
• Ability to lead a diverse team to accomplish test site goals.
• Operational knowledge of all aspects of test site procedures and positions.
• Key troubleshooting contact for onsite operational issues or concerns.
• Provide expert resource for onsite Nursing and ancillary staff.
• Supervision of testing supplies and materials to meet projected patient volumes.
• Patient sampling using personal protective equipment including PAPRs.
• Ability to assist in managing patient emergencies.
• Communicate effectively with patients, providers, staff, VDH, Quest, and other management team members to accomplish goals of testing centers.
• Provide expense management of test site personnel and supplies.
• Work with Director and other Managers to develop and execute strategies to meet changing testing requirements.
• Support mobile and off site testing operations.
This position will provide a positive, rewarding and service oriented work environment which supports high quality patient centered care, an exceedingly competent and engaged staff, and the achievement of fiscal, score card and process improvement goals and objectives. Monitors and implements new health care services and performance improvement initiatives. Reports to a Practice Director. Manages the operations of physician practices.
Step up and lead with a regional leader. Advance your career with an award-winning organization that excels in helping our communities stay healthy and our region grow stronger. Make the most of your management talents at Carilion Clinic, an award-winning healthcare network that includes seven hospitals, multi-specialty physician practices, and affiliations with prestigious academic medical institutions.
Based in Roanoke Virginia, we offer compassionate care, medical education and research, and neighborhood outreach programs. Join and guide a team of caring individuals who embrace and reflect our values‐commUNITY, courage, commitment, compassion, and curiosity‐in all that we do. And realize the advantages of professional stability, strong technological resources, and true advancement potential.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required or 8 years of equivalent experience. As of 08/01/16 all new incumbents in this role will be required to have a bachelor’s degree. Employees in this role at that time will be grandfathered with regard to the degree requirement.
Experience: 3 years supervisory experience in a healthcare setting preferred. Previous Managerial and Urgent Care or Emergency Department experience preferred.
Licensure/certification and/or registration: RN BSN is required.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Demonstrates excellent problem-solving, interpersonal, communication, team leadership, priority setting, organizational and work competency skills. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, Access and Power Point. Ability to use electronic medical records.
Below are our core values that we strive to embody and expect of all our team members:
Collaboration: Working together with purpose to achieve shared goals.
Commitment: Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service.
Compassion: Putting heart into everything we do.
Courage: Doing what’s right for our patients without question.
Curiosity: Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence.
Requisition Number: 75693
Employment Status: Full time
Location: VelocityCare – Lexington
Shift: Variable Hours
Shift Details: Manager’s schedule to meet site’s business needs. Evenings, weekends, & holidays may be required
Recruiter: JAMIE S RATLIFF
Recruiter Phone: 540-983-4139
Recruiter Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
This is Carilion Clinic …
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.