Req ID: 39722
Location: San Antonio, TX
Other location(s): Irvine (CA); Los Angeles (CA)
Relocation benefits offered: Yes
Travel required: None
“I can be myself at work.”
You define yourself by more than just a job title, and we want you to feel comfortable bringing your true self to work. We value your talents, your traditions and your take on the world ̶ everything that makes you unique. We’re working hard to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in our organization and our communities because we know that what makes us different makes us better.
We want you to feel a strong sense of belonging. We value and welcome your experiences, ideas and identity. Over 40 employee resource groups unite our people and help to develop our collective empathy through unfiltered conversations about race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith, disabilities, mental health and so much more.
“I can influence my income.”
You want to feel recognized at work. Your performance will be reviewed annually, and your compensation will be designed to motivate and reward the value that you provide. You’ll receive a competitive salary, bonuses and benefits. Your company-funded retirement contribution will be the equivalent of 15% of your annual pay (including bonuses).
“I can lead a full life.”
You bring unique goals and interests to your job and your life. Whether you’re raising a family, you’re passionate about where you volunteer, or you want to explore different career paths, we’ll give you the resources that can set you up for success.
- Enjoy generous time-away and health benefits from day one, with the opportunity for flexible work options
- Receive 2-for-1 matching gifts for your charitable contributions and the opportunity to secure annual grants for the organizations you love
- Access on-demand professional development resources that allow you to hone existing skills and learn new ones
COVID-19 HIRING: Our recruiting and onboarding activities are virtual during the pandemic and we’ve transitioned to a work-from-home environment until further notice. We are offering generous work-from-home benefits to improve our associate’s ability to work remotely.
“I can succeed as a Technology Risk Senior Manager at Capital Group.”
As the Senior Manager with responsibility for assessing and managing technology related risks across Capital Group, you will be a key member of the leadership team of the Technology Services Organization. You will lead teams responsible for identifying, assessing, and testing technology risks across Capital and will advise business areas on their technology risks. You will plan and oversee control compliance and demonstrate progress through actionable risk metrics, and you will maintain awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance and the latest security controls.
This is an exciting opportunity to set the set the strategy and lead three major areas of technology risk. Firstly, you will have responsibility for identifying and assessing the impact of strategic business and technology changes on our technology risk profile and managing emerging risks through enhancements to our policies and controls. Secondly, you will conduct testing of our environment and controls. This is a wide remit that includes testing for, and remediating, software defects, conducting red-team security exercises, and preparing for external tests of our controls by auditors and examiners. Lastly, you will set the policy and testing strategies for CG’s disaster recovery procedures as well as business continuity for the IT Group.
The role presents significant intellectual and technical challenges with tremendous opportunity for business impact. Leveraging new and emerging technologies is key to Capital Group realizing its long-term strategic objectives and identifying the risks these new technologies present to Capital Group and finding ways to adequately eliminate or mitigate these risks will be both challenging and immensely rewarding.
A key part of the role will be collaborating with other internal risk functions to support evaluations of the effectiveness of Capital’s technology policy and controls infrastructure, as well as providing external auditors and regulatory examiners with the materials necessary to conduct their work.
“I am the person Capital Group is looking for.”
- You have a bachelor’s degree in business, finance, computer science or related field. A master’s is preferred
- You have at least 10 years of technology risk and security management experience successfully identifying, assessing and mitigating technology risks in a complex, fast paced environment
- You have built, led, and coached talented technology risk and security teams for at least 5 years
- You have expertise managing the risks associated with agile software engineering practices, use of public clouds and big-data analytics
- You’ve worked with internal risk and security teams, auditors and regulatory examiners
- You have superior analytical skills and demonstrated success identifying and solving ambiguous risk related problems
- You have proven ability to balance risk mitigation proposals with business objectives and always do what is in the client’s best interests
- You have a good understanding of how regulatory environments and global privacy regulations are changing and their impact on Financial Services Companies
- You are a technical expert and thought leader who has passion, curiosity and exceptional communication skills
“I can apply in less than 4 minutes.”
You’ve reviewed this job posting and you’re ready to start the candidate journey with us. Apply now to move to the next step in our recruiting process. If this role isn’t what you’re looking for, check out our other opportunities and join our talent community.
“I can learn more about Capital Group.”
At Capital Group, the success of the people who invest with us depends on the people in whom we invest. That’s why we offer a culture, compensation and opportunities that empower our associates to build successful and prosperous careers. Through nine decades, our goal has been to improve people’s lives through successful investing. We know that our history is a testament to the strength of the people we hire. More than 7,800 associates in 30+ offices around the world help our clients and each other grow and thrive every day. Find us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, FairyGodBoss, DiversityJobs and Instagram.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.