Role Title: Risk Data Scientist, Dublin
Location: Burlington Road, Dublin (remote initially)
This role is being offered on a permanent basis.
We’re looking for someone who:
We’re looking for someone who would be interested in:
- Development of behavioural and portfolio models to support business decision making and estimation of credit movements in line with IFRS9, IRB and stress testing standards and internal development policies. This includes but is not limited to: Probability of Default (PD), Loss Given Default (LGD), Exposure at Default (EAD) models.
- Performing segmentation analysis and calibration of models
- Contributing to the standards and methodologies required to deliver these models
- Extracting, transforming, and cleaning the data required for modelling
- Engaging with customer facing Business to understand how our models can support their decision making
- Engaging with regulatory bodies as part of the on-going cycle of regulatory review of our models
The key accountabilities/responsibilities are as follows:
- Analysis and Investigation: Undertake various complex data analyses, investigations and/or modelling of business issues to improve the management, services and products of the bank.
- Digital protection: Access / utilise bank data within the policies and frameworks required by AIB.
- Predictive Model Development: Take a role in building predictive models that are focussed on impacting core business elements, such as capital requirements and loss expectations.
- Data insights: Perform in exploratory and ad-hoc data analysis with a view to generating insights and using this to deliver actionable recommendations to the Business.
- Risk Segmentation Analysis: Creating segmentations that allow us to better understand the risks present in our lending portfolio and what we can do to better manage the risks.
Who are we?
We’re AIB. A strong Irish bank packed with purpose – to back our customers to achieve their dreams and ambitions. That goes for our employees too. We’re made of small teams where you have the chance to shine.
The Risk Analytics Department is a central function within AIB with the remit to develop strong credit risk measurement and decision-support throughout every aspect of our businesses and control functions. The outputs from Risk Analytics deliver optimal pricing for our customers, quick and convenient credit decisions, a safe lending and borrowing environment, and efficient use of our shareholders’ capital with sustainable returns.
Why join us?
We are excited about how we have changed our focus. We want to be at the heart of our customers’ financial lives by giving them an exceptional experience. We are building a culture that breaks the conventions of what our customers and employees expect of a bank.
As an advanced analytics team, we are passionate about driving insight and value from data. The team works across a spectrum of activities including data mining, visual analytics, time series modelling, regression modelling, machine learning, and pattern recognition. We value innovation and creativity and this role presents a great opportunity for any analyst who has the capability to approach a business problem in an innovative way, identify and build a great solution, and communicate the outputs of that work across the business.
Does this sound like something that you want to be part of?
You will need to show us that you can/have:
- A bachelor’s degree in a quantitative analytical discipline (2.1 or higher), e.g. mathematics, applied mathematics, physics, statistics, engineering, econometrics. (Confirmation will be sought if successful for the role.);
- Have experience with SAS or SQL programming – experience in an alternate programming language would be consider (e.g. R, Python, Matlab);
- Curiosity and inventiveness;
- Can show problem solving skills with capability to defend their decisions from challenge;
If you feel you have what it takes, Click Apply and fill in the online application form. If you would like more information Kate Slattery from the Talent Acquisition Team can help. You can contact her at .
By when? Closing date is Friday 6th August