Be one of the bold and engineer advanced networks with us!
How You’ll help us connect the world:
The RF/Electrical Engineer will be a member of our RF Engineering team for our DAS & Small Cell product lines and is based out of Buchdorf, Germany. This role will perform the radio design and testing of our 4G as well as 5G radios to their respective standards conformance. You will be responsible for developing, debugging and bench evaluation of LTE/NR radios prototypes in order to deliver a product design that will meet in the field its target specification. Understanding the RF design of these radios, including chain analysis, RF matching network design, RF component selection, RF control circuit design, and digital interface design are a part of this role.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Taking overall ownership for development projects according to ISO quality standards.
- Providing technical expertise in developing infrastructure products for the wireless industry.
- Taking overall ownership for the documentation from development to production.
- Providing solutions to a variety of complex problems.
- Independently designing Analog and Digital RF circuits for new products.
- Evaluating, selecting and applying new techniques or devices, procedures and specifications.
Required Qualifications For Consideration:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) with 3 or more years of experience in RF Hardware projects.
- Knowledge in wireless communications (GSM, UMTS, LTE, etc.)
- Practical experience with RF measurement devices.
- Deep knowledge in Analog and Digital RF components and circuits.
- Very good Knowledge in mixed signal product development.
- Experience with RF Simulation tools.
- Proactive communication skills, the ability to assert oneself and a significant cooperated spirit.
- Very good language skills in German and English, written and oral.
- Team Player and open for new technologies.
You Will Excite Us If You Have:
- Strong communications skills and ability to work in a team with other hardware and software design engineers. Familiarity with logic analyzers, high speed oscilloscopes, and thermal chambers.
- Strong understanding of RF measurement theory and proficiency with modern design practices.
- Experience in writing and debugging command line interface scripts to control RF transceivers and associated radio circuits.
- Ability to engage with third party contractors and provide technical mentorship.
CommScope is pushing the boundaries of communications technology. For more than 40 years, we’ve been leaders in innovating 5G, private networks and Gigabit speeds everywhere – we’re always anticipating what’s next. Developments such as the Internet of Things, seamless connectivity, Cloud and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including people with disabilities and veterans. To learn more visit careers.commscope.com/eeo