Work Schedule/Days: Variable / Variable
Employment Type: PRN
Location: Scottish Rite
Requisition #: 72067
Participates as a member of the multidisciplinary team in assisting with assessing, implementing, planning, and evaluating patient care services under the supervision of a certified respiratory care professional. Provides designated clinical and or support services.
- Senior student of an accredited respiratory care program
- Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days of employment
- No minimum experience required
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Competency must be validated in writing from an accredited educational program and by Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. (per rules and regulations of Georgia Composite Medical Board)
- Must be able to successfully pass the Basic Windows Skill Assessment at 80% or higher rating within 30 days of employment
- Assists with the management of the ongoing process of healthcare delivery to patients and parents, incorporating age-related and developmental-specific requirements under the supervision of a licensed professional.
- Participates in the educational process related to the delivery of healthcare under the supervision of a licensed professional.
- Participates in the discharge planning process under the supervision of a licensed professional.
- Assists in the management of the environment for the delivery of care under the supervision of a licensed professional.
- May assist with equipment and supply stocking, cleaning, and set-up.
- Maintains professional development.
- Participates in the achievement of organizational and departmental goals.
- Performs other responsibilities as required under the supervision of a licensed professional.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Ability to lift up to 40 lbs independently and greater than 40 lbs with assistance
Bending/Stooping – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Climbing – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Hearing/Speaking – Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Sitting – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Standing – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Walking – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Definite potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 20 neighborhood locations and a total of 673 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 1001 Johnson Ferry Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30342
Function: Allied Health – Respiratory