Work Schedule/Days: Day / Variable
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Scottish Rite
Requisition #: 77590
Supports the Respiratory Care Department in the acquisition and operation of specialized Respiratory supplies and equipment. Provides timely ordering and distribution of Respiratory patient supplies and equipment, assures proper pre-cleaning and transport of equipment to and from Sterile Processing, assists the Biomedical Engineering department in the identification and tracking of items for preventive maintenance and repair, Promotes the mission, vision, and values of Children’s, meets regulatory requirements, and maintains records
- No professional certifications required
- No minimum experience required
- Associate’s degree in Biomedical Technology or Healthcare or 3 years of experience in a hospital environment
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills
- Knowledge of respiratory clinical equipment, supplies, and maintenance
- Must be detail-oriented and able to complete tasks independently
- Participates in maintaining and monitoring the work environment to ensure a continual state of Joint Commission readiness.
- Orders and distributes respiratory equipment and supplies for all respiratory clinical areas.
- Acts as a liaison between Respiratory Care and Distribution Services, Biomedical Engineering, and Central Equipment for all Respiratory equipment and supplies.
- Ensures respiratory supplies are in place and intact in all areas of assigned hospital.
- Ensures IV pumps and other clinical equipment are clean and ready for use.
- Maintains an orderly physical environment for assigned areas.
- Prepares equipment for sterile processing, maintains logs, and inventories equipment prior to returning to clinical areas. Complies with all safety related practices. Complies with all safety related practices.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Bending/Stooping – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Climbing – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Lifting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Sitting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Standing – Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of time)
Walking – Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of time)
Ability to lift up to 15 lbs independently not to exceed 50 lbs without assistance
Hearing/Speaking – Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Some potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 20 neighborhood locations and a total of 673 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 1001 Johnson Ferry Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30342
Function: Supply Chain – Supply chain