Job Req ID: 801041
Position Number: 00150927
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details: First shift. On occasion may need to stay later to receive specimens
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: BSR Administration
Location: Biospecimen Repository (BSR)
Location Details: 10545 Blair Rd. Suite 1001, Mint Hill, NC 28227 ; some travel to other Atrium Health locations
Our mission is to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.
Provides technical support for primary research investigators and conducts technical research procedures.
- Conducts technical laboratory procedures and animal research anesthesia, surgery, and postoperative care.
- Records experimental observations.
- Assists in the monitoring of research laboratory inventory and equipment and taking appropriate actions.
- Assist in maintaining the storage of research data.
- Assists in organizing and coordinating of the daily and weekly schedule of procedures to be performed.
- Operates all equipment and devices necessary for the performance of research procedures.
- Assists in the maintenance of the physical environment.
- Performs all necessary surgical procedures, data collection and storage for all GLP (Good Laboratory Practices) research studies.
- Prepares chemical solutions as required for research projects.
- Searches library files for articles and abstracts dealing with various projects.
- Supports physicians and medical staff during human clinical investigations in cardiac catheterization laboratory and operating rooms.
Work in fast paced office/laboratory environment. Requires ability to sit or stand for long periods of time. Each employee has the responsibility to work in a safe manner.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelors of Science Degree required or its equivalent in experience. 1 year experience in research and rehabilitation, hospital or therapy required. Nursing assistant experience preferred.
At Atrium Health, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer