Location: LOC_ABRAMSON-Abramson Building
Req ID: 117435
Employment Status: Regular – Full Time
This entry-level research technical role participates in a planned research projects by performing research protocols and experimental procedures under direct supervision.
- Performs routine tests under the direction of principal investigator or supervisor
- Performs research procedures on experimental samples as directed
- Records and checks results for completeness and accuracy
- Performs calculations and maintains appropriate log and lab notebooks
- Performs tasks that may require familiarity with fundamental techniques and equipment
- Assists with planning specific research protocols and procedures
- Assists in care & maintenance of equipment including sterilize & clean glassware and dispose of specimens, media and other materials (using appropriate procedures)
- Attends courses, seminars, and lab meetings to expand knowledge of research and laboratory techniques
- Maintains a log of work performed, compiles and helps analyze data, prepares charts, graphs, and results of studies; Compiles information from lab notebooks and Journals
- Conducts literary searches as directed
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: Associates Degree or active enrollment in a Bachelor’s Degree Program
Required Experience: Related classroom or laboratory experience
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Additional Technical Requirements
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146