Work Schedule/Days: Variable / Variable
Employment Type: Full-Time
Requisition #: 87987
Develops, implements, and supports the research process by assisting investigators in study design, completion of the approval process, and management of data specific to the subspecialty of involvement. Proactively supports the efforts that ensure delivery of safe patient care and services and promotes a safe environment at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta.
• Bachelor’s degree in a scientific, health related, or business administration related program or relevant experience in lieu of education.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days of employment if role requires patient contact
- ARUP Handling, Packaging and Shipping Infectious Substances or similar within 30 days of employment if role requires specimen acquisition
- Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) within 30 days of employment
• One year of research experience. May substitute required experience with equivalent years of education beyond the minimum education requirement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health or Biological Sciences
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Working knowledge of state and federal regulatory guidelines related to research
- Good computer skills including working knowledge of a PC and Microsoft Office (Word, Access, and Excel)
- Must be able to successfully pass the Basic Windows Skill Assessment at 80% or higher rating within 30 days of employment
- Self-directed and motivated to work independently toward short- and long-term goals
- Good communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Good working relationships with colleagues, subordinates, and superiors
- Develops, conducts, and facilitates research protocols.
- Supports investigators in writing study protocols.
- Performs participant screening, enrollment, study activities, and communication.
- Coordinates study visits and procedures, including specimen acquisition, transport, documentation, and shipment.
- Maintains equipment and supply resources for research studies.
- Obtains informed consent by following policy, procedure, and regulatory requirements.
- Schedules study-specific visits in conjunction with ancillary departments.
- Completes data management activities.
- Assists in the development and completion of source documents and case report forms.
- Completes data entry and ensures data integrity.
- Supports statistical services needs.
- Directs patient interaction to conduct research protocols.
- Administers various research surveys in accordance with research study requirements.
- Completes research-only testing as required and applicable per study and system requirements, including electrocardiograms.
- Performs phlebotomy if trained to do so.
- Provides research study education to participants as part of a study protocol.
- Completes documentation as needed within the medical record.
- Monitors compliance throughout all study activities and engages compliance oversight as needed.
- Participates in education activities to support specific research activities and primary role at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta.
- Maintains all licensure, certification, and system education requirements for role.
- Participates in educational activities related to study needs for study staff, investigator team, and patient care staff.
- Participates in departmental policy and quality projects.
- Manages all regulatory processes related to clinical research activities.
- Completes Institutional Review Board preparation, submission, modifications, reporting, and termination activities.
- Maintains all regulatory documents.
- Participates in sponsor correspondence, monitoring, and study meetings.
- Facilitates grants, contracts, and financial tasks for research and clinical trials.
- Supports Principal Investigator in study budgeting, sponsor interactions, routing, feasibility assessments, account management, and reconciliation.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Bending/Stooping – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Climbing – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Lifting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Sitting – Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of time)
Standing – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Walking – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Ability to lift up to 40 lbs independently and greater than 40 lbs with assistance
Hearing/Speaking – Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Some potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 20 neighborhood locations and a total of 673 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 1405 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30322
Function: Research – Research