Work Schedule/Days: Day / Monday – Friday
Employment Type: Full-Time
Requisition #: 72422
Supports and/or participates in the research process by assisting research staff in management of subjects and data specific to the subspecialty of involvements assigned. Proactively supports efforts that will ensure delivery of safe patient care and services and promote a safe environment at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.
- Two years of college in a scientific or health-related field
- Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days of employment if role requires patient contact
- ARUP Handling, Packaging and Shipping Infectious Substances or similar within 30 days of employment if role requires specimen acquisition
- Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) within 30 days of employment
- No minimum experience required
- College degree
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Working knowledge of a PC and Microsoft Office (Word, Access, and Excel)
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Must demonstrate a high degree of clerical accuracy, with attentiveness to detail and the ability to organize data
- Must be able to successfully pass the Basic Windows Skill Assessment at 80% or higher rating within 30 days of employment
- Good communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Assists in research protocol conduct and facilitation, including participant screening, enrollment, study activities, and communication.
- Assists with coordination of study visits and procedures, including specimen processing and shipment.
- Assists in informed consent process and/or completes informed consent process as necessary for assigned studies.
- Completes data entry of compiled data.
- Abstracts data from medical records.
- Compiles data, including the completion of source documentation and case report forms.
- Facilitates patient interaction to assist in conduct of research protocols.
- Administers various research surveys in accordance with research study requirements.
- Completes research-only testing as required and applicable per study and system requirements, including electrocardiograms.
- Performs phlebotomy if trained to do so.
- Provides research study education to participants as part of a study protocol.
- Completes documentation as needed within the medical record.
- Assists research coordinator, research nurse, manager, or investigators with specific research activities, including assistance with Institutional Review Board and routing processes, collection and transfer of specimens, and other departmental-specific activities.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Bending/Stooping – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Climbing – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Lifting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Sitting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Standing – Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of time)
Walking – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Ability to lift up to 15 lbs independently not to exceed 50 lbs without assistance
Hearing/Speaking – Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Some potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Address: 1405 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30322
Function: Research – Research