Location Name: Tulsa, OK
Job/Requisition ID: [[id]]
Location Address: 2448 E. 81st Street Suite 5400, Tulsa, OK, United States (US), 74137
Education Level: Bachelor’s Required
Relevant Experience Level: Mid Career (4-10 Years)
Employee Group: Regular – Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Exempt
The position identifies, evaluates and leads new business initiatives and efficiency opportunities that advance the Company’s growth and profitability, manages joint interest analysis, reviews commercial agreements, and performs other special projects as needed. A broad understanding of the downstream industry, the Company’s operations and competitive landscape, as well as business planning and strong communication skills, are required, or must be acquired in order to effectively advance potential initiatives. Significant cross organizational interaction at all levels is required. Varied percentage travel time is required for this position. Relocation considered. Grade 10 – 13 depending upon experience/qualifications.
- The Business Development Rep will perform special project coordination as the need arises such as on-boarding new assets to support growth strategies, divestiture/idling studies, etc, lead the proactive identification, evaluation and development of recommendations for efficiency and strategic opportunities to minimize unnecessary spend and maximize value for the company, determine ways to evaluate the company vs. peers to identify potential efficiency opportunities, will regularly brainstorm ideas and opportunities, and conducts, oversees or coordinates the preparation of economic analysis and studies to determine feasibility, and coordinate reviews of intracompany service agreements to recommend and implement changes.
- The rep also anticipates the impact of changing business, regulatory and political actions on MPC and our competitors and identifies, develops and directs actions accordingly.
- The Business Development Rep creates and maintains readily available information repositories and anticipates requests to support senior leadership with competitor assessments, macro supply/demand balances by market, and product and the performance of assets and business lines.
- The Business Development Rep interacts with internal organization to analyze pertinent data regarding trends, business needs and efficiency constraints as well as to determine the viability of proposed opportunities, leads or serves on cross organizational teams regarding new business opportunities, expansion of existing assets, or the sale or decommissioning of assets or lines of business, and establishes productive and effective relationships with key internal stakeholders and serves as liaison between Business Development and other internal organizations.
- The Business Development Rep further provides support for the execution of ventures including economic evaluation, negotiations, development of agreements and project planning.
- The Business Development Rep will also manage joint interests, review joint interest board books and coordinate meetings to provide direction to Owner Representatives prior to joint interest owner meetings, review joint interest operations to extract best practices and develop recommendations for company operations, coordinate and lead joint interest meetings for company-operated joint interests, and develop a central repository/database for joint interest information.
- The Business Development Rep will further manage existing commercial agreements including operating, connection, etc, perform financial analysis for low dollar budget items and assist as needed with financial analysis of high dollar budget items, maintain the idle asset listing and determine appropriate stage for assets, work with Commercial Development to dispose of non-strategic assets, and support other department responsibilities including budget development, tariff analysis, and financial forecast preparation.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering is required, MBA preferred.
- 5-9 years’ minimum experience is also required.
- Prior experience with Natural Gas preferred
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation’s largest refining system. MPC’s marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon brand retail outlets. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interest in MPLX LP, a midstream company that owns and operates gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Travel Expected: Up to 25%
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in English or Spanish. Right to Work Statement English or Spanish.
To view benefit information for Marathon Petroleum Corporation please visit mympcbenefits.com.